Green Coffee?

Options
My mom is taking the pills. She says it has given her energy. Anyone tried them?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Never heard of them - but I stay away from stuff like that... I've heard a lot of people talk about how green tea helps you lose weight, but I don't like the taste of green tea.
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Dr. Oz had a segment about the green coffee extract; when I went to the local health food store, I was surprised how fast it flew off the self. The little bit of research I've done from the web looks promising... however, anytime someone bosts a pill as a cure all, I'm leary. Do your research, look at your own program, and make an informed decision if this is right for you.
  • night0wlie
    Options
    I'm taking them. Have for about a week. I haven't noticed anything so far - I don't feel any different and I don't know that they are helping my weight loss. I'll probably keep trying them until I run out and then see if I gain/stop losing weight when I stop.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    In my opinion there are no quick fixes - weight loss is basically calorie in vs calorie out. From what I read, there has only been one test which links green coffee to weight loss and it only looked at 16 people - hardly conclusive

http://www.dovepress.com/randomized-double-blind-placebo-controlled-linear-dose-crossover-study-peer-reviewed-article-DMSO

Whilst you can always find someone who will swear by a particular fad, pill or diet the only consistent successes which can be persisted once a target weight has been reached are those where someone changes their eating and exercise habits as a whole life style change.
  • thenataliej
    thenataliej Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't take any green coffee pills but I do drink green coffee. Nescafe Green Blend, it's a blend of unroasted green coffee beans and roasted coffee beans. I don't know if it gives me more energy but I do like it better than regular coffee.
  • lalalydi
    lalalydi Posts: 8
    Options
    I've been taking brown seaweed, Bought them on amazon. I've never heard of green coffee though have to give it a try, where can you get it?
  • thenataliej
    thenataliej Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been taking brown seaweed, Bought them on amazon. I've never heard of green coffee though have to give it a try, where can you get it?

I'm in the UK so I don't know where you could get it from. I get mine from a regular supermarket so I am sure Wal-Mart, Food Lion or such should have it.
  • sexybebe2012
    Options
    My mom gets them from walmart. I am going to try them. I'm not looking for a pill that melts away fat. lol... A little extra energy wouldn't be bad though. I can't stand the taste of green tea. It takes like aloe vera to me. I think I'll try the green coffee extract though and I'll keep everyone posted if it makes me feel any different.