Acupuncture: Any experiences

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
Hi all, I have Achilles tendons problem and I want to try acupuncture treatment. I have been recommended pyshio therapy by the doctor but I also want to try acupuncture. Has anybody got good or bad exepriences with acupuncture? It would be great if members can share their experiences.

Replies

• GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    Bump

I'd love to hear what some people have to say about this to.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Yes - have had excellent experience with acupuncture and my husband has as well. Him in particular - chronic back pain (i.e. couldn't sleep through the night, discomfort all day) and since having regular treatment he no longer has to get up at 2am every morning to stretch and relieve his pain. My treatment was a little more dramatic (treatment after a miscarriage). Without being graphic, it cleared up the problem...
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have had wonderful results with acupuncture. I had a trigger finger that was stuck and I couldn't bend it. I was scheduled for surgery and went to my acupuncturist. She cured it in 3 treatments and no problems since. She has treated me for chronic pain in the past... problems with my shoulder... even weight loss. All successful. I have been going to her for over 10 years. So I say GO FOR IT!
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    Underwent intensive treatment for my sciatica for 4 months after 2 years of misery. I can now exercise and walk. Acupuncture was my last ditch effort to prevent surgery and I'm so blessed to have given it a shot.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have both tried acupuncture for different reasons in the past and loved it! Try and get a recommendation and remember as with everything else there are good and bad out there so if you try it and don't find it to work as well as you had hoped you might want to give someone else a try!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have had acupuncture in two of my pregnancies for a very painful back and both times it made such a difference. I would recommend it to anybody and its not painful.

I have needles put both in my back and my head and still managed to fall asleep in the session.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Good to see positive comments from everyone. I have also never heard anything bad about acupuncture treatment but never gave it a try so just wanted to hear from people. Thanks for your comments.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I went for another reason, I totally loved it....I was having fertility issue, I think it helped me have my second child.
This discussion has been closed.