Review my diet please

Options
Hi folks,

Just need a bot of help with my current diet which was given to me by a lad at the gym. He has a supplement store and is a bodybuilder.

Im 5'10, 223lbs. I lost just over 5st last year thru SW and then started training in November last year. I still have a bit to lose as I have a flabby tummy.

My current diet is basically 200g Protein, 40g Carbs and 30g Fat which is roughly 1250cals per day. I up this to 1470 on training days. I lift weights 3 times a week and follow the SL 5x5 routine.

Ive read that this is a kind of keto diet but I think the Fat macros are too low???

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou Adrian

Replies

• adriany9
    adriany9 Posts: 32
    Options
    Bump
  • kasebrad
    kasebrad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    *Edit because I made a mistake, lol

Your fat percentage is around 20% (if I calculated that right this time), which is okay, but you can increase it to something like 30% if you'd prefer. Maybe try it and see how you feel?
  • adriany9
    Options
    Cheers mate Im happy enough at 30g I was just reading elsewhere that some recommend 70g and more
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Sounds like undereating to me.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    1250 calories for a man of your size/weight and training schedule is far too low which is probably slowing your metabolism. I'm shocked you can make it through your workouts!!

If I were you I'd add at least 600-800 calories a day along with 30 minutes of cardio 3x a week to start.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Sounds like undereating to me.

agreed. For your height and weight, and because you're a man, you should probably be eating more than 1250.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    where's fruit and veg?
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I agree, you're undereating.
  • JRO2685
    JRO2685 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone to few calories. Your also eating too much protein you only need 1 gram per pound of lean body mass the rest of your macro's should be figured off that.

We are about the same weight and I am cutting at 2500 cals. Being in such a large deficit and lifting your body wont be able to keep up after awhile.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    This is why taking nutrition advice from a random person at the gym is a terrible idea.
  • adriany9
    Options
    The diet was given to me by a guy who has a supplement shop, he has done strongman events and is going for his first comp in bodybuilding. I told him I wanted to get rid of my fat. Im currently around 25-27% and would like to get to 15% if possible.
  • adriany9
    Options
    So taking that I eat 200P and 40gC then i should increase my fat to 80g?

How do you add fat to your diet without adding carbs etc?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Oil, less lean meat, butter, whole eggs, using whole milk instead of skim, using full fat items instead of reduced fat.
  • adriany9
    Options
    Cheers sounds good to me lol
  • adriany9
    Options
    where's fruit and veg?

I eat brocolli, cauliflower lettuce etc and Il have a banana before gym