FOR THE LADIES

Options
LADIES WHEN YOUR ON YOUR PERIOD DO YOU QUIT LOOSING WEIGHT FOR THAT TIME? I AM HAVING A HARD TIME LOOSING WEIGHT? JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ITS NORMAL?

Replies

• letsgetskinny88
    Options
    i gain upto a kilo during my periods. let alone weightloss...my body retains a lot of water.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    LADIES WHEN YOUR ON YOUR PERIOD DO YOU QUIT LOOSING WEIGHT FOR THAT TIME? I AM HAVING A HARD TIME LOOSING WEIGHT? JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ITS NORMAL?

i can gain up to about three pounds depending on my eating habits (if I had something salty the days prior I gain more).

What helps me is to drink extra water in the couple of days prior and the scale if it does go up, might only go up a tiny bit.
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yes i gain....it sucks but if you keep working out and eating clean it should fall right back off once bloating and all that lovely crap goes away.
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    I usually gain or maintain because I have cravings that won't quit...so I finally give in to them.
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I gain about 3 lbs the week before my period, and then it comes off a few days after I've started.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options

Yep. I actually gain sometimes. :frown:

Now that I recognize this pattern, I can expect a fluctuation and not get too discouraged. :smile:
  • sexyshel17
    sexyshel17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Makes me feel better that I am not the only one. I have been steady the entire time. very frustrating but hopefully it will start to drop in the next couple days! thanks everyone :)
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    It's very normal to gain a little weight. I've read that your appetite increases during your period and that can add to the problem if you don't continue with your healthy eating habits, lol. I know I can gain a pound or two during mine.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I gain up to 5 pounds probably mostly water retention.
  • kaylacroswhite
    kaylacroswhite Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah but afterwards I always lose a lot more !
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I crave so much during my time of month, it sucks. I just aim to maintain my weight instead of lose anything during that week LOL
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don't worry it won't affect your weigh in results or anything. No matter how healthy I eat my weight fluctuates from a range of 1-3lbs.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I gain up to 5 pounds probably mostly water retention.

^^ me too
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I lose my will to live. and hide mostly :wink:
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    sorry TMI but it makes me go to the bathroom much more often than regular, so i actually end up losing a little due to that.. Plus i don't get crazy cravings or eat a lot necessarily.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal, especially if you're holding water. Best thing to do is reduce sodium and drink more water. I've heard reducing sodium reduces cramps, too??
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    I gain or maintain. If you stay on track and drink even more water than normal you may weigh less a few days after it has went off. That is how it works with my body. I try to avoid the scale until about 3-4 days after it has went off. Best bet is to stay on track.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yeah, on your period you gain a lot of water weight. Plus, you naturally get hungrier, and often times I go for salty things and carbs which bloats me up. I noticed, however, although not desirable, to work out. You sweat it out, and sometimes are less hungry. Hope that helps, I probably repeated what others said on here, but just saying.
  • jmobashrn11
    jmobashrn11 Posts: 120
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 2-10 pounds!!! in water weight. Eating lots of water-dense fruits and veggies (melons and tomatoes), drinking more water, and cutting down on the process/salty foods is the way to go during period time. Unfortunately, when I'm on my period I want chips and chocolate like no other, so I let myself indulge for a day ;)
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Definitely gain for a couple of days before and goes back down a couple of days after it starts... Now that I am maintaining, my weight actually helps me know when it is coming. This is a big help because I'm not very regular... :smile: