Help! All I want to do is....

Options
EAT. I don't know why but I just want to eat everything in sight. I just had this huge salad and my mouth just keeps saying more. So I tried a bottle of water, that didn't work, Then I had a Special K bar because I'm craving chocolate and a coffee to go with it. But my body is still saying eat, eat, eat. What do I do? My exercise buddy and I will walk but not for another hour. I figured at least if I'm typing I'm not trying to stuff something crappy in my mouth. I've circled the kitchen three times looking for something but I know not what. I'm a little paranoid since I entered the do not weigh yourself challenge that I might be gaining weight. I feel good I just want to eat....... Talk to me so I don't eat. Help! ~Karen

Replies

• kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    EAT. I don't know why but I just want to eat everything in sight. I just had this huge salad and my mouth just keeps saying more. So I tried a bottle of water, that didn't work, Then I had a Special K bar because I'm craving chocolate and a coffee to go with it. But my body is still saying eat, eat, eat. What do I do? My exercise buddy and I will walk but not for another hour. I figured at least if I'm typing I'm not trying to stuff something crappy in my mouth. I've circled the kitchen three times looking for something but I know not what. I'm a little paranoid since I entered the do not weigh yourself challenge that I might be gaining weight. I feel good I just want to eat....... Talk to me so I don't eat. Help! ~Karen
  • MsSandyE28
    MsSandyE28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Go outside and walk! Just because your walking mate isn't ready doesn't mean you can't get a head start around the block a few times. This way you don't eat, and instead are working on more calories.
  • kjllose
    Options
    Thanks sestrada28, I knew someone would hear me, but I've found my rake and am heading out to rake my back yard which is huge. That should help keep me away from the food. I'll see you later. Thanks for the kick in the butt.:bigsmile:
  • sw_in_victoria
    sw_in_victoria Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Grab an apple. When I start feeling hunger pangs hitting me I find an apple with a little water really hits the spot.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time and this might sound really weird but I grab ice since it's water but I'm still chewing it keeps my mouth busy.
  • MsSandyE28
    MsSandyE28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do the ice thing too!!! I love ice. It's hard on your teeth though so becareful.
  • tdroseler
    Options
    Thanks sestrada28, I knew someone would hear me, but I've found my rake and am heading out to rake my back yard which is huge. That should help keep me away from the food. I'll see you later. Thanks for the kick in the butt.:bigsmile:

that a girl....i was going to suggest..."step away from the computer" lol
    i have found that totally changing what i am doing, gets my mind off eating. Totally different environment gets the brain on a different track...good for you...
    bonus part is afterwards you can stand there and say "i did that" and i conquered my "eaties", and say it with pride way to go!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mhorine
    Options
    I chew gum to avoid snacking!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of really good ideas here. I know you are away from the PC right now but when you come back you can read this.
    Your body may be in need of something. Are you eating a well balanced diet? Is there something that you maybe haven’t gotten enough of the last few days. Go back and look at your food log. Or you may be board. When I get board I will go looking for something to eat.
    Something you can do to keep from eating is write in a food journal. Or you can type one and leave it on you PC. A note book is portable…..you can carry it with you anywhere and get away from food at the same time. Write how you are feeling and what your thoughts are and why you think you may be wanting to eat. Think it out. While you are doing that you can’t eat either *grin*
    Something I have done and still do from time to time is (people think I am crazy when I tell them I do this *giggle*)…..there is a woman that lives in my house. I can’t get away from her. She is always there when I look in the mirror. I have a hard talk with her and tell her what she is NOT going to do and what she is going TO do…… Get the picture. I shake my finger in her face sometimes too. It helps me to put it all into words to her (myself).
    Also find something to keep your hands and mind busy. You have gone to rake the yard right now which is great. You are busy and you are getting exercise too. But for those times when it is raining out or it’s dark it’s always good to have something you can do in the house to keep your hands and mind busy and off food and eating.
    I hope you have a better day after raking the yard and your walk. Let us know how you are doing. Keep up the good work. We are here for you.
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas everyone. I spent 45 minutes raking the leaves in the yard and in Vermont at this time of the year it takes forever. I wasn't very hungry by the time I finished a 1/4 of the yard. We have a large yard. Then I jumped in the Ford and picked up my friend for our hour walk and tucked a bottle of water and an apple for the drive home. Loretta_Jo I just know I am going to have to have a talk with myself at some point but I was glad it wasn't today. They are predicting a little snow our way tonight:grumble: which might hinder my walk tomorrow but that's what I have a treadmill for. Thanks again everyone, you helped me make it thru without blowing my calories way out of whack.
    ~Karen
  • kjllose
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas everyone. I spent 45 minutes raking the leaves in the yard and in Vermont at this time of the year it takes forever. I wasn't very hungry by the time I finished a 1/4 of the yard. We have a large yard. Then I jumped in the Ford and picked up my friend for our hour walk and tucked a bottle of water and an apple for the drive home. Loretta_Jo I just know I am going to have to have a talk with myself at some point but I was glad it wasn't today. They are predicting a little snow our way tonight:grumble: which might hinder my walk tomorrow but that's what I have a treadmill for. Thanks again everyone, you helped me make it thru without blowing my calories way out of whack.
    ~Karen
  • kjllose
    Options
    :embarassed: Oops first time I've posted twice. lol
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    kjllose

You knew what to do! And tomorrow you can shovel snow. I don't have food cravings, but I do have to argue with that person to get me to the gym.

~Cheryl