HELP tdee bmr etc.

Options
Ok so i've lost about 35ish lbs( was up to 38 lost). I"m a female 5'5.5" 25 years old and have a desk job my workouts are random. I have a messy work schedule so I do it when I can. I have read may forums and everything about this, so I did bump up for awhile but I instantly gained. I didn't lose like everyone else :S Did I not give it enough time have wrong info?

BMR(myfitnesspal) 1428
TDEE (light excerise 1-3 days fitnessfrog) 2036

I would like to lose about 10-15 more lbs but would be ok with 8 or so to be around 140lbs.

mfp has me at 1520.

Thanks for any help I get married in 3 months so I don't really need to lose super fast (my dress already has to be brought in 3 SIZES :) )

Replies

• cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    bump
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    What did you bump it to ?

a 20% cut from TDEE would have you at 1600, which is only just over what MFP gave you.
  • cvanbeek
    Options
    about 1700 I think I may have used other calc last time.

With that I should eat back so to speak cals because they are already there but what if I work out more?
  • cvanbeek
    Options
    I mean't shouldn't*
  • rjlkat
    rjlkat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If I may suggest, try checing out the group Eat More to Weigh Less. TDEE, TDEE - % Cut, and BMR are discussed in depth and everyone is very happy to help you figure out what will work best for you. They also cover in one of the discussions What to Expect When Upping Calories. It will explain why you may gain weight at first (water retention) and how to be patient while weighting for the scale numbers to finally go down.

Hope that helps you some, and good luck. Congratulations on the upcoming nuptals :smile:
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    How long did you increase your calories for? There is an initial gain but that levels off after a while. You have to remember to not freak out and give it enough time to really see if it's working for you or not.
  • charanne52
    charanne52 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my day at a desk so when I calculated my TDEE I set my activity level at sedentary even though I exercise and burn 400 - 700 calories each day. I could be wrong, but I thought you were supposed to base your TDEE on your lifestyle (ie, type of work you do) not on the added exercise you do. I do eat most of my exercise calories back and I eat above my BMR and under my TDEE each day (unless I decide to have a "cheat" day) and I am averaging a weight loss of 1.5 pounds a week which was what I wanted.
  • cvanbeek
    Options
    I spend most of my day at a desk so when I calculated my TDEE I set my activity level at sedentary even though I exercise and burn 400 - 700 calories each day. I could be wrong, but I thought you were supposed to base your TDEE on your lifestyle (ie, type of work you do) not on the added exercise you do. I do eat most of my exercise calories back and I eat above my BMR and under my TDEE each day (unless I decide to have a "cheat" day) and I am averaging a weight loss of 1.5 pounds a week which was what I wanted.

My thing is I don't have a set 9-5 job so I don't always work out 3 times lightly sometimes 3 sometimes 5 good solids ones
  • charanne52
    charanne52 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You should do some research about setting your TDEE level. It should be based on your regular activity and if you normally spend the day at a desk and don't have your activity level set on sedentary you may have your TDEE level set too high which means you are probably overeating.