Coconut Oil-Anybody take a tbs everyday for health purposes?

Options
Hey,
I heard taking a tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil was very healthy for you and i was wanting to know if anybody else did this?

Replies

• jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    I don't necessarily take it everyday but I always put it in my oatmeal or my protein shake.
    It's awesomely yummy
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    No but I use it to deep condition my hair and it's FANTASTIC for that. Haven't even considered eating it... =\
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I cook and bake with it. It's yummy :wink:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I cook with a ton of coconut oil so I'm still getting it in my diet. I recommend Something Pure velvet chocolate. It's good enough to eat off the spoon. Feels like a total cheat!
    http://www.somethingpure.com/
  • biznoche
    biznoche Posts: 43
    Options
    I do something called "oil pulling", but I use sesame oil. Either is acceptable. You lightly swish the oil in your mouth for 20 minutes and it will pull the toxins out of your body. I don't do it every day, but on the days that I do I have crazy amounts of energy! Try googling it- I thought it sounded wierd when I heard about it, but it really works.
  • evlipford
    evlipford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall. I looked it up and did some research on it and purchased the Living foods extra virgin coconut oil and I take a table spoon a day which i just started and ive heard very good health benefits with it fighting bacteria, cancer, and turning fat into muscle. I just wanted to know if i was the only one lol thanks alot though :)
  • scrmngdsy
    scrmngdsy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Last summer I was taking a tbsp of coconut oil every day in water, and I found that it had great benefits. I lost weight while using it and I also used it on my skin and hair and had great results. Moved to Italy for school so I had to give it up for a while but I'm getting back to it this summer. Keep using it!

I also used it for oil pulling when I was really sick, as biznoche mentioned, and i felt better within a few days.

it has great healing properties!
  • evlipford
    evlipford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great thanks for the advice im going to research that oil pulling, never heard of it but sounds really helpful :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i cook with it and use it in my coffee