Newbie with 100 Ibs to lose

Options
Hi, I have been using the tool for a few months now and love it. Such a motivational tool to track and keep focused on my goals.
I would love to hear from others with a significant amount to lose or who have been successful. I thought maybe joining some groups or finding some support on the forums will keep me motivated on this exciting journey.

Best,
Michelle

Replies

• pognight1
    pognight1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Michelle,
    I just joined as well and have about 100 lbs to lose. I'm hoping this lifestyle change is the way to go and am just soaking it all in right now,:wink:
  • mrsinsanelowe
    Options
    Hi Michelle, I'm Vicki welcome to myfitnesspal, it is an amazing tool. My long term goal is to lose 260 lbs over 2 years so 130 a year, 11 lbs per month roughly. I'm 40 years old I have to many health problems to name and sometimes I just give up cause it's to hard but i'm not willing to leave my family-I've only be married for 7 years and have 2 amazing children and my parents don't deserve to bury their youngest before them. i Hope this tool will help and if i can make some friends who are in the same situation as me that would be amazing as well. :flowerforyou:
  • dietingqueen
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me I joined last week have lots to lose ,am really enjoying this site .
  • amykins68
    amykins68 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, one and all! Great site with amazing support. We can do this!
  • janisdolan
    Options
    Hiya Michelle, Janis here. I have got more than 100 lbs to lose, but if I only did that much, I would be a very happy person. My friend introduced me to this site. She is super fit now, and an 'expert' on food values and nutrition.

I have arthritis in my knees from being a blob most of my life. Since becoming a driving instructor, I sit down for far too long. 13 years of being car bound takes it's toll on your fitness and weight. Just look at the shape of most of the cabbies and lorry drivers you see on the road, it's scary. The trick is to keep up the exercise and the good food, but you know what, I am a lazy buggar. If I miss a couple of times, I won't get going again, then the months pass and I start to feel ill, so have to go back, only to find that I am fatter than before. Sucks doesn't it?

Well, I have to get myself fit and slim, for my health and so that I can spend another 30 years with my beloved husband Kevin, without getting sick, or having a heart attack or stroke.

He is out for a walk at the moment, feeling ill because he over did some lifting and shifting yesterday and now he aches. He's got to lose weight too. This recession has made us a bit depressed and broke, so more low value food has been eaten, and he took to liking brandy. Although he is not an alcoholic, that's the truth, he does enjoy a glass or two of brandy occasionally, and he is so energetic and funny when he has had a glass or two (giddy and silly), but it has made him gain weight. So, no brandy for a while. Maybe a miniature every now and then, if he's been a good boy.

We have bought some scales this week, I had to get the ones capable of taking a high weight, cos I am 327 pounds. Yikes. 23 stones 4ibs - shocking. I was once 10 and a half stones, having spent 18 months at weight watchers. I was stunning to look at, long legs, big eyes, lots of curly hair. Men would proposition me. That had never happened before, it was startling, and a bit scary at times, but I thought the world was ready for me, and it turns out, I was still the shy sensitive person I had always been when fat, but now that I was slim, I thought that would be in the past. I was wrong. I should have had some therapy because there was this big culture shock for me. I made the wrong choices about work, and lost my self esteem again. The rest is history.

Anyway, it's never too late. Get back to me soon. Cheers.
  • niciemetts
    niciemetts Posts: 49
    Options
    hi i am nicie i have about 50 to lose...........first goal weight under 200 2nd goal weight 165............i currently weight 215.6 and am 5 10.........i am super excited and very glad i found this app in google play store :)
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I've been on MFP for about 4 months and have lost almost 40 pounds. I love this site it's amazing and so easy. I am diabetic and have RA and also suffer from depression. If anyone would like a friend on here and support ( I'm on everyday) please add me. Thanks Deb
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Feel free to add me, by the time I hit my goal weight I will have lost 108 pounds!
    Started in January on my own at 238 pounds...slacked off by April though I had lost some weight.
    Joined MFP at 214 pounds. The first week I only lost a pound, because I was having Lady Days.
    The second week I lost 6.8 pounds!
    I am now 206.2 pounds and shrinking!!
    As I am only 5'6, my goal weight is 130 pounds.

You can do it!