Small NSV, but still happy about it!

Options
hothodgie
hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
On June 6th, I met with a trainer who did a fitness test profile on me. She weighed me and had me perform several exercises to see what I could do and to what degree. I did poorly in everything except cardio, which was the only thing I was doing at the time prior to meeting with her. I have since changed my workout routine a lot, doing cardio, strength, and interval training. Sadly, I have to admit that when I did the situp test, I was only able to do 11.5 in one minute and really struggled with it. I haven't done any since high school. She said I did well and that many people can't do any. But I was shocked that I could do so little. So today, I had my son sit on my feet and attempt this again. I haven't done any since that day.

I was able to do 19!!! Still small, but I am very pleased with myself!! Go me!!

Replies

• sqwerly
    sqwerly Posts: 31
    Options
    You have almost doubled what you were able to do previously! That is super!
    Keep up the excellent work!
  • chrissistarr
    Options
    you are doing a great job!!! any lil success is still a success ;0) I have lots of trouble with push up and have little to no upper body strength... I know I should work on that but havent had the courage to do so yet. you are facing your weaknesses head on and I am so proud of you!
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options
    Great, that's a large improvement and a good NSV :) you're doing awesomely.
  • jennc37
    jennc37 Posts: 81
    Options
    Awesome job! Sit ups are very difficult! 19 is fantastic!

I recently started with a trainer and did a fit test as well, I can only do 3 as of right now!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    On June 6th, I met with a trainer who did a fitness test profile on me. She weighed me and had me perform several exercises to see what I could do and to what degree. I did poorly in everything except cardio, which was the only thing I was doing at the time prior to meeting with her. I have since changed my workout routine a lot, doing cardio, strength, and interval training. Sadly, I have to admit that when I did the situp test, I was only able to do 11.5 in one minute and really struggled with it. I haven't done any since high school. She said I did well and that many people can't do any. But I was shocked that I could do so little. So today, I had my son sit on my feet and attempt this again. I haven't done any since that day.

I was able to do 19!!! Still small, but I am very pleased with myself!! Go me!!

That's great! Hey I can't even do sit-up! MAYBE 1 or 2 if I REALLY push at it and strain. For some reason even as a skinny little kid in gym class I couldn't do them, I couldn't do pull-up's either :/ My body just doesn't like them I guess.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    that's great work and a big deal! I don't know how many I can do, but I'm pretty sure you have me beat!

Way to go, keep working it!
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls! I really appreciate it! And I agree, situps are really hard!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!