Eat more to lose more?

Options
So I weigh 248 and I'm looking to get down the the 140-150 range. However, a lot of people have been telling me to up my calories because I was always so hungry on the 1400 cals that MFP suggested I eat. I increased my calories to 1800 and walk 3-4 days a week for my exercise. I walk about 3-4 miles each day and burn about 400-600 cals. So is the eat more to lose more theory good for me too?

Replies

• chunkymonkey414
    chunkymonkey414 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weight 238 ** sorry.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    You will not lose more while eating more but you could be less uncomfortable and more likely to stick to your diet, among other possible benefits. Are you asking if you can lose at 1800 at your current weight and exercise level? Yes, most likely. I wouldn't start 'eating back' your walking calories but I prefer better results over more chow, personally.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Check out this calculator:

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

Also look at the eat more to lose group.

And lastly, I'd up your exercise. Weight training will probably help you out. I've had some good results (sofar) with the New Rules of Lifting for Women program. I'm following their nutrition guidelines. It'll take some time to see the scale go down (you'll be building a ton of muscle so that will offset your fat loss and make you look like you aren't losing anything) but the results overall will be better.