HELP!!!! Picky bf..

Options
ChelSleeve
ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
My boyfriend is moving in with me this week.. and he doesn't eat veggies whatsoever.. its like he's allergic to them and anything that has the word "salad" in it.. I need help coming up with recipes that I can make for when I cook for him..

Replies

• swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hrm... if he's that picky, he should cook for himself.

As for veggies, in order to have a healthy, balanced diet, veggies must be a part of them! If you want to assist him in getting over his aversion, one idea is to start by using veggies picky kids love. I was a live-in nanny for picky eaters, and they loved: corn (on or off the cob), cooked carrots (they are lovely with honey), red bell peppers (these are lovely when grilled) and cucumber on a hot day. Pick one of two of these, give them a try prepared a few different ways and move on to the next idea.

He needs to be on board with you.
  • USCEE77
    USCEE77 Posts: 50
    Options
    Don't treat him like a spoiled kid, if he doesn't want to eat veggies than oh too bad.
  • Xniecex
    Xniecex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Unless you have high will power... you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Either he needs to "experiment" with your food... or he needs to prepare his own. My BF is a junk food junkie. but luckily i dont care for the food he eats. otherwise i would be a wreck! It's still hard. but once you get your palate adjusted to the taste of heathy food its easy!
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options

^^^^^^THIS!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

yep.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

She wants to cook for him and he doesn't want to eat veggies. He doesn't have to you know! To get 'on board' he should eat something he doesn't want to?
  • kxblack
    kxblack Posts: 18
    Options
    hes moving in with you let him adapt to your home not you to him
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options

yep.
    Mhmm
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i agree.

you have yourself to look after, and your health is more important than him being a child about eating vegetables.
    i mean really, what is he, 6 years old?
  • mkambalimath
    Options
    Do you only make a salad for dinner? If thats the whole meal then he should probably make his own that night, but if youre making meals with meat and veggies then he can just not eat that part if he doesnt want to.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    something else they say to do for picky kids is to add pureed veggies to sauces. pureed cooked carrots in spaghetti sauce, pureed cauliflower in cheese sauce, etc. might work for adults too! i also like to add a bit of chopped wilted spinach to spaghetti sauce (it looks like seasonings).
    good luck!
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I very finely chop veggies or puree or shred and add them to all kinds of dishes (like soups and casseroles) then declare them "spices" when the kids ask...same goes for Hubby, but he's working on thinking about liking them a little more. I only do this because I do ALL the cooking and I am NOT eating crap (except on my "cheat" day :laugh: )
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    yeP!!!!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Don't treat him like a spoiled kid, if he doesn't want to eat veggies than oh too bad.

This. Except with "then", not "than".
    Yeah, I'm one of "those people". Sorry, can't help it.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

yep.
    Mhmm

Absolutely.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Somehow you managed to pretend to have read my response, while also deleting the "meat" of it. I also said this:

As for veggies, in order to have a healthy, balanced diet, veggies must be a part of them! If you want to assist him in getting over his aversion, one idea is to start by using veggies picky kids love. I was a live-in nanny for picky eaters, and they loved: corn (on or off the cob), cooked carrots (they are lovely with honey), red bell peppers (these are lovely when grilled) and cucumber on a hot day. Pick one of two of these, give them a try prepared a few different ways and move on to the next idea.

She wants to cook for him and he doesn't want to eat veggies. He doesn't have to you know! To get 'on board' he should eat something he doesn't want to?
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Please think carefully about setting up your life together - the patterns you set up in your first few weeks are going to be difficult to change so don't set yourself up with a pattern that might be too difficult to maintain. Keep talking about everything from how you're going to leave the toilet seat to who is going to take the garbage out, to what you both want/need to eat. Living with someone is a process of negotiation and compromise but it's really lovely to have someone there! :smile:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    i agree.

you have yourself to look after, and your health is more important than him being a child about eating vegetables.
    i mean really, what is he, 6 years old?

Hold on! People on here including me have eaten piles and piles of crap over the years to get fat, obese, overweight and out of shape and nobody dare say a bad thing against them... He chooses not to eat veggies and you say he is acting like a 6 year old!
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Just give him a taco, he'll be happy.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    My husband hardly ate any veggies or salad when we first moved into together but I just kept putting them on his plate and now he eats pretty much any veggie. He needs to grow up and realise veggies can be nice as well as being good for you!