Do you believe?

Options
Do you believe in Fat burners? If so which ones do you prefer? Have you ever tried Oxy Elite Pro? I've been at a plateau for about the past 5 weeks, well actually I'm going up in weight by 3 lbs. I did go down in body fat though.

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    thought this was gonna say "you can fly?"

..fat burners.. hmm not really. My boyfriend seems to think the ones with ephedrine work though.

ETA: not suggesting you take the ones with ephedrine as I hear they're bad for you. Actually pretty sure they're banned in some places..
  • schneidersas
    Options
    Not really fat-burners, but
    L-Carnitine and CLA help me a BIT .....
    Both don't harm, and they might work ....

I tried real "Fat-Burners" ... they only gave me stomach problems :(

btw.
    good body-fat is way more interesting than weight for men.
    I started building a bit and gained weight, too ...
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Yes but not all on its own. Those fat burners you are referring to may seem to be miracles, but they work hand-in-hand with a smart diet and exercise.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    In my experience, alone they do nothing, but combined with diet and exercise can help. I currently use Grenade and it seems to work pretty well; fat loss has accelerated noticably since I started taking it.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    In my experience, alone they do nothing, but combined with diet and exercise can help.
    This^^ Dexaprine from iforcenutrition, is a good one bri :)
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I know there is no such thing as a magic pill. I am on this site everyday logging what I eat there by watching what I am ingesting while counting my calories. I work out 3-5 times a week and do cardio a good 6-10 times a week. I have all that down I just was looking for a little extra to help me get there faster.........Supplements, more specifically fat burners and appetite suppressants make such a claim to AID in weight loss, not do it all for you.

I am curious what the consensus is on them because I know a little about a lot of things, but a lot on only a few things. Fat burners are not my area of expertise.
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    I use CLA. I am not sure if they work or not. I forget to take them regularly. LOL Someday I will remember to take them twice daily and let you know. : )

I use the ones I ordered from bodybuilding.com.