Any gymnasts out there?

Options
I used to be in gymnastics when I was 12. It's been nearly 10 years since I've been to a gymnastics class, but yesterday I practiced a bunch of my old tricks, and got the best work out from it! My whole body is sore- a very satisfying feeling. It makes me want to take up gymnastics again.

Any gymnasts out there? If so, what are your favorite routines/ specialty? (parallel bars, vault, beam, floor) I favorite was the floor and the bars. I hated the vault though. I love going to the soccer field by my house and practicing. I can still stick a perfect front handspring ;)

Replies

• ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I, like you, took gymnastics classes when I was young. It was mainly to improve my tumbling for cheerleading. My favorite was floor of course, but I also liked balance beam a lot. I was never very good at bars or vault; weak core.

Do they even have adult gymnastics classes? Once I get in a bit better shape, that would be so fun! Right now I think I would face plant on a cartwheel.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think modern gymnastics develops some of the most beautiful, strong, shapely physiques due to years of body weight exercises and weight-training.
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I go to an adult Gymnastics class once a week. I'm sure it was easier when I was younger lol! I'm not very good yet, currently working on my bridge and handstand (got the handstand forward roll down just need to be able to hold my handstand!)

When I was young I loved the vault and bars best. As an adult I like floor best so far cos I can practice at home to some degree. Beam just scares the hell out of me now, just seems so narrow now I have bigger feet lol.
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I, like you, took gymnastics classes when I was young. It was mainly to improve my tumbling for cheerleading. My favorite was floor of course, but I also liked balance beam a lot. I was never very good at bars or vault; weak core.

Do they even have adult gymnastics classes? Once I get in a bit better shape, that would be so fun! Right now I think I would face plant on a cartwheel.

I know there are adult classes where I live. I bet if you didn't have any in your community, you could start up a group with friends or neighbors and tumble at your gym or backyard :)
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    bump?