I WILL get through this *^+~_ plateau!!!

Options
okay, I upped my calories to maintenance on Thursday, Friday, and even a little over on Saturday. Today, I will probably eat maintenance or a little under. Tomorrow, my plan is to drop my caloric intake by 200 a day from maintenance, which will put me at about 1200. from there, I will probably stick with 1200 a day unless I work out. If I work out, I will eat back half of my calories. but I am going to log everything going into my mouth and eat as clean as possible.

If I don't break this plateau within a couple of weeks, I'm going to ( besides lose my mind) come up with another plan, maybe going up on calories. But I have to admit, that is not they way I've ever dieted. Up to this point, when I decide I want to lose weight, I factor my weight and the estimated date I want to be at my goal weight. Then I eat a deficit daily so that I lose x amount of weight a week. Usually, by my goal date, I'm within a couple pounds of my goal weight. But this time, it's not working. Could be my age (almost 46) or some hormonal issue, I don't know. But I've never run into a plateau before like this.

Thanks for letting me vent. Any suggestions would be welcome. I'm ready to listen to anything at this point....grrrrr!

Replies

• helenrode
    helenrode Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too am in a plateau after nearly 50 pounds down and another 35-40 to go. ARGGGHHHH This happened before though, so I know I know I know and THIS time I come armed. Like you I have upped my calorie intake and am doing different exercises as well. What pushed me a few weeks ago was a 16 day cruise--no kidding. I lost 3 pounds that month and after we were home I dropped another 8 in 3 weeks. I think my body was so confused by the changes and now it is sliding back into comfort zone. That's OK too as long as I can ride it out. So my advice is be strong, keep doing, yell and scream but DO NOT give up!!! PS I am 65--IT gets tougher as we age for sure but it is possible.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that!