fit bit and exercise calories

Options
coullmom
coullmom Posts: 133 Member
So who else has a fitbit? Before I owned my fitbit I would put my exercise into mfp and it would tell me that I could eat that many calories back that I had burned. Now with the fitbit the calories burned is pretty acurate and yesterday I burned 1500 calories from exercise and because it is linked to mfp it tells me that I have earned 311 extra cals. So before I got the fitbit I was overeating.....probably the reason I gained all the weight back! so just because you have burned alot of cals and if you are trying to lose weight.....don't eat all your exercise cals back.

Replies

• coullmom
    Options
    I guess nobody
  • daliaxh
    daliaxh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just got a fitbit and am tryiing to figure out why the fitbit says I have walked more steps than what is syncing on line. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy about having something that really tracks everything. One question, though: I guess you shouldn't enter walking as a separate exercise because the pedometer already counts it. Is that right?
  • coullmom
    Options
    exactly.....no need to log any excercise at all unless you forget to put the fitbit on.