After a 'bad' food day!

Options
Question for you all... It happens once in awhile where we are at a social event and we eat too much and drink too much and feel sluggish and heavy the next day. What do you do to 'detox' your body after a day/evening of over consumption? Anything special or just get back to how you were eating previously?

Replies

• PK95
    PK95 Posts: 21
    Options
    Bump.....I'm curious to hear the answers! I try to do some extra cardio and drink lots of water.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Oh I know those days all too well. I try to not stress out too much about the crappy eating and focus more on just eating clean again the next day. I think it's important to get your body back to the routine that it's used to. I also drink a lot of water. Hope this helps!
  • cabbagesoupnala
    Options
    I try to have a high protein day and throw in an extra workout.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I just carry on and start over again. If I've been out drinking I'll drink extra water to try and flush the toxins out but really I just go on with my regularly scheduled programming :)
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake for breakfast, green salad with lean protein for lunch, Protein shake for dinner. A lot of water. No dairy. I do this for 3 days after a weeks vacation. Works great at getting rid of the bloat.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I agree with tennisbabe. We all screw up occasionally, mistakes are inevitable, it's a part of being human! Just don't throw in the towel. Start fresh, drink lots of water, and don't feel guilty. It's impossible to be perfect. Just don't do it all the time! I notice you lost 13 lbs already...way to go!
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    i try to have a liquid day, like soup yoghurt etc to let my bloated belly go back down!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I generally do extra water and TONS of leafy greens. Also, I avoid my beloved salt shaker...
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit and veggies the next few days until I feel better :) And lots, I mean LOTS of water.
  • usmcmotort
    usmcmotort Posts: 16
    Options
    I have a cheat day every other week; which is a good thing, you need to re-jump start that metabolism. For the next day or so I'll try to eat lean and raw foods and continue my regular workout schedule. If I feel to lazy the next day for a heavy workout i'll eat low calories and do at least an hour of cardio.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Those days happen sometimes, it's part of living. I just get back to healthy eating the next day and try to get a good workout in.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Don't stress over it! I usually Increase water and i ease up on nuts, and maybe cheese the following day or two. Also like someone else here said I often go for an additional protein drink to substitute a meal. Important thing is the general overall trend of your food choices over time, not really one "bad" day :smile:
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hit those extra workouts... Garbage in, garbage out! We tend to look at stuff in a "24 hour" manner... I build extra workouts into my entire week, KNOWING that on the weekend, I will likely eat out with the family, or be out and about where pre-packaging all of my little meals and snacks is NOT going to be practical. Plus, I know that the Bacardi and Diet Coke will call my name at one point or another!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything special. I just get back to it.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just resume eating responsibly. Life happens sometimes, no reason to beat yourself up over some extra calories.
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I tend to drink a buttload of water, light meals, lots of greens, and a good workout. Kinda how i eat everyday but a tad more water and more salad!
  • reginapeak
    reginapeak Posts: 24
    Options
    I agree with those that say days like this happen, and they are not worth stressing or guilt.
    I always drink a glass of warm lemon water first thing in the morning. I also drink the detox tea from yogi daily. After a higher calorie day, I just make sure I drink plenty of water, eat lighter and get back into routine. I might add a work out or two the next two days to get a good sweat in.