Ladies, how do you stay energized?

Options
I mean, during that time of the month. I get really really fatigued, and I also get bad cramps that take more energy out of me. What're some foods that could give me more energy? And what kind of exercises can I do when I get like this? I'm still going to the gym today, but I'm only doing floor exercises, followed by the eliptical and walking on the treadmill.

Replies

• justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I drink lots of black tea. It seems to make me more energized and doesn't make me crash. As weird as it sounds, intense cardio usually helps me feel better, even though at first it's a bit painful. Also, pilates and yoga seem to help. I usually take two Advil or whatever before I start.
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough, what I really find helps out with the cramps and tiredness is a long run. I don't know why, endorphins probably, but it always makes me feel better. Getting out there to do it when you already feel worn down is hard though. Lots of encouraging self-talk necessary.
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    I try to stay positive. I get a really heavy bleed which leaves me low on iron and horrendous stomach cramps.

So I top up my iron eating greens. Stay positive and focus on my goal. Plenty of fluids and exercise helps me a lot.
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    Yoga, Pilates and cycling seem to help me.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I tend to just chill out during that time. Ibuprofen for the pain and relaxing with plenty of water when I need to.
    I've recently started running though which does give me a nice endorphin hit when i'm feeling cruddy.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I drink peppermint tea as i find this soothes my aching tummy when i get period pains.
    Also i try to eat more stodgy meals to keep me feeling full and satisfied for longer as i can sometimes get bad cravings otherwise.

And this week i have done workouts on the wii as Ive not been able to go swimming, i find some gentle exercise stops me feeling so sluggish and sorry for myself lol x
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I take a break for a couple of days.