NSV- Running!

Options
Today, I was able to run 1 mile- without any walking breaks! And the coolest thing happened while I was running, I actually caught myself thinking about something else other than my feet, my breathing, how far I was going, or if I was going to make it. I was able to run and just lose myself in it :smile: I feel like I have the courage and can build the stamina to sign up for a 5K in September.

Now on to the next goal- 2 Miles!

Replies

• shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Awesome, way to go. That's a wonderful NSV!!! Keep up the great work
  • Silvertulips
    Silvertulips Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I bet that feels great. :-)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Yay yay yay!! Doesn't it feel awesome?! :)
  • lolarit
    lolarit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's excellent! Great work :)
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV - keep up the hard work!!
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That is such a GREAT feeling!! You are doing great and your first 5k will be so exciting.
  • heartofdorkness
    Options
    Yay! it's an amazing feeling, and a great NSV, isn't it? Keep it up and you'll be running that 5K like a pro. :D

Also, my banner ad for this topic is for a marathon/half-marathon. lol
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    Thats Awesome!!! What you experienced was called a "Runners High"... be careful it gets addictive :-)
  • Carrmaduke
    Carrmaduke Posts: 42
    Options
    Nice! I have only been able to get to one lap without walk breaks so far. Keep up the great work!
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic.

Keep going!
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Great job! Once you've ran one mile without stopping, the rest comes naturally. For me, the hardest part was being able to run one mile without stopping. Get your breathing under control and get in your zone. Pretty soon you will running several miles at a time.

Welcome to being a runner!
  • megancarlotta
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel so proud! And am STILL glowing! I'm looking forward to getting out there on
    Tuesday!
  • dolcezza72
    dolcezza72 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This is amazing news!!! So excited for you!!!!!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you are an amazing woman!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!! What a great feeling!
  • samakain
    samakain Posts: 60
    Options
    Way to go! That's such a great accomplishment. I hope to one day do the C25K. I sometimes have dreams I am running (for exercise, not running from something) and feel great in the dream. I think I'm just too scared to try. Thank you for your inspiration :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    This is a great start for that 5k. Awesome for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!