Zumba progress/success pics??

Options
spicypepper
spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
Hi y'all,

So I just had a baby 4 weeks ago roughly and I've lost 34 lbs. I've got like 22 lbs to get back to pre-pregnancy. I've been doing Zumba for about 2-2.5 weeks now. I'm feeling a difference in my clothes, not so much on the scale and getting a little discouraged.

I was hoping to find people who've done great just doing Zumba as motivation for me.

Anyone have any motivating pictures you can share showing your success or progress?

Thanks!!!!

Kari

Replies

• foreverangel
    Options
    I've been healthy eating and doing nothing but Zumba and I've lost 13lbs and about an inch from my breasts, waist and hips. Its been a month today since i started :)
  • spicypepper
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! Congrats!!! Hoping to have similar results.
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You hav to eat right in order for Zumba to help you lose. I know thats why i had lost 83 pounds since last year. :smile: I know if you lose it slowly it will stay off and I know you can do it.
  • spicypepper
    Options
    You hav to eat right in order for Zumba to help you lose. I know thats why i had lost 83 pounds since last year. :smile: I know if you lose it slowly it will stay off and I know you can do it.

Most definitely! That's how I was so successful last year in losing 50 lbs in 4 months. Diet and exercise. Go figure it really does work. ;)

I'm nursing so I have to be cautious about what I eat and was hoping that by eating healthy and exercising again the lbs would fall off. Not the case.
  • ThePursuitOfGlee
    Options
    I do Zumba twice a week and the results are fast flowing!
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Is this your first baby? I would not be too worried about the scale. Before any kids I was like 135 and in a Junior size 11. After my first child I got down to 145 and was an 8 or 10. Its really about the way things fit. Now I am 179 and in a 14, I was stuck at a 16-18 for 2 years so I am good with that for now. Like as in the next 2 weeks :) Your body changes after you have a baby
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have taken zumba for years now. For me, it is just much more fun cardio to do rather than run on a treadmill or something else that is boring. While the moves might work your muscles and tone you some, I would still look at it as more of a cardio routine. Stick to your diet, and use zumba as exercise, and you should see results. I need to be really, really strict on my diet to lose any weight. Even though I exercise at least 5 days a week, it does nothing for me if I don't diet, too.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    beforeandafter-1-1.jpg

facebandf-1-1.jpg

I'm a big believer of Zumba. MOST of my weightloss I attribute to zumba. Started at 209 and in the second picture I was about 175. Right now I weigh 163. I've never been one to do sports or anything. I can't even dance but I sure can shake it :laugh: . It makes me break a sweat while I am having fun. It's worth a shot, I think.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!