Liquid Gold hot sauce

Options
Quick tip to any other hot sauce lovers: An old schoolmate of mine has created a new sauce company, and released his first hot sauce. It's a unique combination of habanero and citrus, with lots of fresh natural ingredients. And it's well priced too!

It might encourage him to make more new flavors that I'll get to enjoy....) :smile:

Edit: Adding ingredient list to this post, so it's easier for other people to see.

Ingredient list:

Water, Lime Juice (Contains less than 0.1% Sodium Benzoate), Onion, Carrots, Lemon Grass, Habanero Peppers, Shallots, Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil, Garlic, Kosher Salt, Tumeric.

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post i will check it out, I order a lot of hot sauce from hotsauce.com ... probably around 400$ worth in my fridge at the moment. You should ask your friend about trying to add his product to a site like this so more people could buy it
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    would aslo like to see the ingredients for this sauce before buying
  • utoxin
    utoxin Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm not sure he wants high volume orders like he might get from that. He's just getting started, and he places a HEAVY emphasis on all natural fresh ingredients, which would make processing enough to fill lots of orders a LOT of work, I'd imagine. :)

Edit: Ingredient List coming up. One second.
  • utoxin
    Options
    Ingredient list:

Water, Lime Juice (Contains less than 0.1% Sodium Benzoate), Onion, Carrots, Lemon Grass, Habanero Peppers, Shallots, Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil, Garlic, Kosher Salt, Tumeric.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    thank you, i can already tell it won't be a extremely hot sauce, but I will probably pick up a bottle to give it a try thank you ;-)
  • utoxin
    Options
    Nope. I'd rate it as a medium. But the flavor is great, and that's the main reason I use hot sauces. (And the #1 reason I /don't/ use tabasco. *shudder*)
  • Astroduckula
    Options
    Oh wow that sound lovely! I love lime & chilli together. Do you have a website for this new brand? I'd be curious to try but I live in the UK.
  • balancedhealth
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to try it too.
  • utoxin
    Options
    Oh wow that sound lovely! I love lime & chilli together. Do you have a website for this new brand? I'd be curious to try but I live in the UK.

Link is in the first post, and here: http://www.precioussauces.com/
  • Astroduckula
    Options
    Sorry I completely miss that the first time. I found it, thanks :)
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Sounds good...I love hot sauce
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    ordered a bottle ;-) plus a few others from my normal site
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Looks great and I might give it a try, but I'm a little confused about the marketing blurb on his website. Did he not want a vinegar based product because vinegar is harsh, or because it's not fresh or because it's not healthy? If the answer is healthy, then is there really a difference health-wise between vinegar and apple-cider vinegar? I honestly don't know.

I know he's just starting up. Not trying to be overly-critical, just thought I'd give some feedback for him as he builds his page. Also, putting the ingredient list up might be a good idea. A Scoville rating would be cool, though I don't know how you calculate that for a new food???

Good luck to him! Looks yummy :-)
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    vinegar opens up your taste buds, can sometimes make hot sauce seem hotter then it really is , as far as scoville rating goes , just check ingredients.. the habenros are 6th on the list, just from that you can tell they are very dilluted and wont be nearly as hot as a fresh habernero, but w.o trying it I would put the heat estimate around 50,000-100,000 units ( a lil hotter then a fresh cayenne pepper ) but i will post my thoughts on this sauce when i get it in the mail, just ordered it today

Ingredient list:

• utoxin
    Options
    Looks great and I might give it a try, but I'm a little confused about the marketing blurb on his website. Did he not want a vinegar based product because vinegar is harsh, or because it's not fresh or because it's not healthy? If the answer is healthy, then is there really a difference health-wise between vinegar and apple-cider vinegar? I honestly don't know.

I know he's just starting up. Not trying to be overly-critical, just thought I'd give some feedback for him as he builds his page. Also, putting the ingredient list up might be a good idea. A Scoville rating would be cool, though I don't know how you calculate that for a new food???

Good luck to him! Looks yummy :-)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm certainly going to try and get him a better website... the current one sucks, if we're being honest. But it's a start, and we all have to start somewhere. :)
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Just got my bottle in the mail , took about 4 days so pretty fast shipping, fist off Id like to say it is very low in sodium =) but is 10 calories per serving , a little high for hot sauce but still very low food a condiment. Poored about half a teaspoon and had it straight... Very thin sauce, Very fresh, you can taste the habeneros right away followed by the carrots and onoins. Would be very good on mexican food, veges, and probably poultry. On a heat scale from 1 -10. 1 being franks red hot and a 10 being a Bhut Jolokia pepper. I would give this a 2. so its not very hot . all and all a very good sauce, that I will consider buying me when I run out of this one...