Almond butter???

Options
A_New_Horizon
A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
I finally got adventurous and got some almond butter - what do you use it for? Give me some ideas. I have only used peanut butter in the past. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Use it the same way you use peanut butter! On a sandwich, in a smoothie, with apple slices(my personal fav), with celery sticks. You get the idea...
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think it's nicer than peanut butter! Just eat it the same way I eat peanut butter. Also works great in stir fries :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon on my oatmeal every morning :) YUMMMM
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It's not as flavorful as peanut butter and really should only be used by people with peanut allergies. That's basically its intended purpose, an alternative for people with peanut allergies. Some Smuckers Natural PB is better in every way.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You can use it any way you would peanut butter. Personally, almond butter and hazelnut butter are my two favorite nut butters - peanut butter is way too salty for me. I'd toss in pumpkin butter not that is entirely different. I make my own, though I have and really liked the Mara Natha brand.

I make almond butter sandwiches with sliced bananas and Saigon cinnamon mainly. I have made high-protein brownies with both almond and hazelnut butter. Also, as a snack I've drizzled almond butter onto celery sticks.

Go to www.feastie.com and search for almond butter and you'll come up with 100s of recipes using it.
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like it right off the spoon :) I also use it to make almond banana pancakes:

2 eggs
    Banana
    2 T Almond Butter
    Cinnamon (optional)

Beat eggs. Mash banana. Add eggs and banana to almond butter, mix well. Fry in pan like you would pancakes. Yum!
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy it on rice cakes. Or really, any way you eat peanut butter is a good way to use almond butter :)
  • reservoirghost
    Options
    Almond butter > Peanut butter.
    I have no food allergies to either but I find Almond butter tastes sooo much better.
    I feel like it's also a lot healthier?
    Marantha's Raw Almond Butter is really really good! Kind of pricey.. but definitely worth it.
    Use it on or in anything you would use peanut butter for :D
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I agree! Not sure what the one guy was talking about.. http://healthnut-em.blogspot.com/2010/01/peanuts-vs-almonds.html I guess both have their benefits but there is concern peanut butter (and peanuts) can increase your risk of cancer..

I use it like peanut butter.. on apples it is awesome! and bananas..
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    almond butter is just like peanut butter. did you taste it??
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    Use it the same way you use peanut butter! On a sandwich, in a smoothie, with apple slices(my personal fav), with celery sticks. You get the idea...

I agree! Use it just as you would with reg. peanut butter!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    almond butter and chocolate.
  • balancedhealth
    Options
    I like it on sprouted bread! Almond butter is way better for you than peanut butter and is so yummy! (Also can be added to an apple or celery or a protein shake for that matter.)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    almond butter is just like peanut butter. did you taste it??

Yes, I did take a taste - just looking for ideas.