sore feet

Options
does anyone know how to stop your feet from being sore?

Replies

• missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    better shoes
    lose weight
    soak in warm water
    ibuprofen
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    What's causing the soreness?
  • swingingmonkey
    swingingmonkey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    better shoes
    lose weight
    soak in warm water
    ibuprofen
    do all that still sore. probly dosnt help i do 10 hour shifts being a waitress but they shouldnt be this sore
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    elevating your feet helps! a lot!

and dont forget how important quality socks are.. they are bras for your arches..
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Stretch them out. I noticed my yoga class helped my aching feet, too.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Try stretches from time to time? Insoles for your shoes?
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    compression socks or suppot socks. whatever you wanna call them they work miracles. i wear them everyday to work. huge difference
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options

and dont forget how important quality socks are.. they are bras for your arches..

LOL!But true though. Also, what about the shoes you waitress in.... are they good/supportive?Maybe that?
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    better shoes
    lose weight
    soak in warm water
    ibuprofen
    do all that still sore. probly dosnt help i do 10 hour shifts being a waitress but they shouldnt be this sore

And then elevate when you can. I am a nurse and work 12hr shifts on a very busy ortho/neuro unit. My feet kill me. I have noticed, that as I am losing the weight, my feet are hurting less. But I elevate them and have good shoes now. Also, treat yourself to a good pedi!!! Might get some good massage, too. And, if this continues to be an issue, you should probably talk to your doctor. :smile:
  • Mommagoose4
    Mommagoose4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I suggest seeing a physio therapist. I have seen one over the last 4 months & wow is all I can say - between orthodontics - laser, acupuncture & ultrasound my feet don't hurt anymore & honestly I didn't believe they could do anything
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I used to get really sore feet - I don't really anymore since doing lots of plyometric type exercises (jumping up and down, so jumping jacks - or star jumps as we call them here, jump squats, jumping rope, running, etc, etc) I guess it strengthens up the muscles so they can withstand more punishment?!?
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    custom orthopedics? shoes/inserts
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have plantar fasciitis and have tried everything under the sun from chiropractics to a reflexologist. This is what has helped for me:

~Get a tennis ball and rub it under your feet back and forth. I'm not talking about "oh, this feels good" rubbing. I'm talking about "oh, dang that kinda hurts" rubbing. Doing it hard enough will help break up the lactic acid that's causing the pain.

~You HAVE to stretch out and loosen up (via massaging) your calves. Your calves directly link via the tendons and muscles that feed through your heel into your foot. If these are tight it will cause all kinds of damage and soreness in your feet. (I use Trigger Point massaging aids. They have worked WONDERS for me. If you're interested check them out online)

~ ICE and elevate after every run/work out/work shift.

I have a feeling I'm forgetting something but if I remember I will definitely tell you! I hope this helps!

Karrie
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If your feet have structural issues, nothing will help except orthotics. See a podiatrist.
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    If your feet have structural issues, nothing will help except orthotics. See a podiatrist.

This was one of the things I forgot :) Getting orthotics will definitely help. I have high arches and noticed a slight difference when I started using them. Also, they have inserts for running which I use separately from the orthotics prescribed to me.
  • anestoiter
    Options
    I have a solution that is by far the strongest available. It's on a level with strong hands of massage therapist during deep tissue massage, plus reflexology. Unlike the therapist, it doesn't need breaks. It can keep massaging you light or deeply until you want to stop. Here is what it looks like when given to a dear friend and Sensei (instructor). https://www.myownwaterpipe.com/Pictures.html

If you look up for nestoiter-gravity on Amazon, you will see the black bar. It massages your feet so well, it removes the pain.