I'm Kat

Options
I'm 51 and on a mission to lose 50 pounds by Christmas. I need to lose more than that but that is my short term goal. I love to cook and try new recipes. I'm challenged because I use a wheelchair and have Crohn's but I'm not going to let it stop me this time. My husband is losing with me and it's hard to be THAT responsible for someone else :) Would love encouraging pals

Replies

• LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well the short-term goals are a good approach, right now mine is losing enough weight I have an excuse for a few new outfits.

Diet is an important part of managing Cohn's disease, so the tools here should help out. I have persistent trouble with ulcers since I was in my early 20's but nothing so serious.

Mostly, I struggle with increasing my exercise to push along the weight loss, I just hate exercise. I always feel better after I do it, but really struggle to get myself started. Thank goodness I have a dog that insist on walks, so once I am out there I tend to power walk a bit up and down a local hill. Your circumstances, it would be so easy not to exercise at all.

So please add me. I can use the inspiration, and mutual support on here has really helped keep me logging in.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Where are you from Kat? Manchester UK here, orginally from West Virginia, USA.

Read through the sucess stories, there are some great ones there and other community forums. I took alot of inspirations from them when I started.

Off to bed and will be travelling 2 days on business, but will be about using my iPhone.

Nightie night
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great support network!! Best wishes in your journey!!
  • susanp15
    susanp15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can "friend" me if you would like. I'm almost 54 and have been using MFP since the 1st of the year. It's awesome and you will get wonderful support.!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Don't set yourself up like this.
    50 lbs by x-mas is an unreasonable goal. Just follow MFP recommendations of 1 lb per week.
    You need to focus on healthy, steady and permanent weight loss.
    Let this happen at 1 lb per week, and it will take as long as it takes.
    A 15 mile hike into the wilderness means the hike out is just as long. It's not a race.
    Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • annagpapa
    annagpapa Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey Kat, welcome. I really love your determination to lose the 50 before Christmas but seeing as I've struggled for so many years with my weight loss journey I would just love to make a suggestion. Let's take it day by day. You have the right mentality and yes it is possible to lose a large amount of weight by your goal date but it doesn't mean that you should be tied down to that goal.

I hope you reach your fitness goals. Nothing but the best of luck. Hopefully you will take my advice, day by day.