2»

Replies

• jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    that site I'm 13.4%

theres three here
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

The three there range me from 9 to 13 to 15. A quick caliper to the midsection puts me at 11. This electronic device I have puts me at 9

I guess there all close enough though.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    According to that site: 20.8%
    According to my scale: 18.6%

I've been using the same scale to track body fat % and it's been going down (from 23.3% a couple months after I started). My target is around 17-18%
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Yours all seem quite low... I'm 5ft5, I weighed myself using a friends fancy scales a few years back when I was around 180lbs and had 40% body fat. I'm only 5 lbs lighter at the moment so I don't imagine its dropped that low. I would say invest in something that can actually measure your body fat percentage and not the online calculators?

Pretty sure that fancy scale was wrong.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yours all seem quite low... I'm 5ft5, I weighed myself using a friends fancy scales a few years back when I was around 180lbs and had 40% body fat. I'm only 5 lbs lighter at the moment so I don't imagine its dropped that low. I would say invest in something that can actually measure your body fat percentage and not the online calculators?

I had a Body Metrix test done.... it works like an ultrsound so Im pretty sure its accurate.
  • missySwanker
    Options
    I worked for a magazine where we tested various body fat monitors for accuracy and then published the results.

First I was sent up to the Adidas headquarters where they did a VO2 Max test and a whole heap of other tests including getting my fat percentage. 

Then with that more accurate result I used every bio impedance monitor on the market and a calliper test in the local gym. The results varied from 17% to about 26% with the most accurate result coming from the Tanita scales. My actual percentage at that time was 23%. At that time I was 120lb

I still have the Tanita scale and used your link and got an estimate of 29% which is 7% out on my current percentage. I'm currently 5foot2 and 141lb and 36% body fat (far too sedentary for a few years).
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 4, 153lbs (10 stone 13), and mine calculates at 33 %
  • amiramira
    amiramira Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That online link put me at 30.3% body fat. My scale says I'm at 18.4%.

I'm 5'6" and currently 115 pounds. While I am more on the not so muscular side, I think that online calculator put me a bit too high.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    My scales last measured me at 57%. The calculator only gives me 46.2%.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My scale and the military body fat calculator both say 37.5%...hopefully that number will drop with some real hard work!
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Tanita scale says 36% this morning.. a new low. Yay.:flowerforyou: