Hi my names Mandy and I'm looking for weight loss friends

Options
I'm 33 and going through a horrible divorce. My outlit on life is my weight loss. And it helps to have others to help with encouragement :flowerforyou: :brokenheart:

Replies

• Zero_excuses
    Zero_excuses Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined today - I'm nearly 28 and have just been through a nasty breakup where we had been cohabiting for four years which really hit me hard. I'd love to help to support you! How can I add you? xx
  • dmzazueta
    dmzazueta Posts: 36
    Options
    Hello. My name is Danielle, 37 and I have finally gotten serious about getting healthy. Congrats to you Mandy for joining my fitness pal. I have recently started using it myself and am finding it super helpful. My trainer suggested it and after a bit of motivation, I am fully on board. It is a bit tedious at first, but I assume it will get easier as I use it more and it creates a history.
  • dmzazueta
    dmzazueta Posts: 36
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about the divorce. From what I girlfriend has gone through it can be very rough. Wishing you all the best, Mandy.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    GC is not mean - he is actually kind of sweet. I am 44 but feel hree to add me. Sorry about the divorce.
  • AprilAhmazing
    Options
    Hiiii guys i'm April! I'm from the poconos, currently 18 and going to college for political science-pre law. So here's my story. I'm a very outgoing and bubbly girl. I'm so full of energy and high on life..we all have our setbacks so here's my story. I did lose weight at one point in my life. Alot of weight. It all started in 5th grade. I was a size 11 from fifth grade to about the ninth grade and i didnt like the way i looked. I ate alot of food and was just always sluggish. I had many friends who were much smaller than me in my opinion and I wanted to look like them. That's when my eating disorder started. At first it wasnt anything serious. Eating less frequently during the day which turned to skipping meals which turned to eating once a day. Sometimes I went days without eating at all. I definitely dropped the pounds. I went from a size 11 to a size 9 to a size 7 to a size 5 in a matter of 6months or so. I loved it because everyone would talk about how much weight i lost. I then started to get headaches if i didnt eat which were very uncomfortable. Some days i would come home from school and get a sharp pain in my stomach and it wouldnt go away unless i laid down or ate. At the time i didnt really notice what was going on. The biggest thing that made me stop not eating was when I was at home one day and my mom was getting food and I hadnt eaten in and she was gone literally for 5 mins and i got a really sharp pain in my stomach and my vision became very blurry and i was really scared so i called her crying asking her can she hurry up and she was so concerned. I got off the phone and i think i literally blacked out for a few minutes and woke back up. After that day i decided i never wanted this to happen again and i began eating again. I then entered college and went from a size 5 to a size three because of not eating soo much all the time and now i'm more than a size three. My ultimate goal is to become 120 pounds and be a size i'm happy with and confident with my body.
  • dowkee
    dowkee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi folks. I'm sorry to hear about the divorces and breakups you all have gone through. I've been through the divorce thing, and I can tell you that immersing yourself in healthy practices, like weight loss, diet and exercise is one of the best ways to get through it. You'll feel better and your self image will increase. It's also a great stress buster.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im Iris and Im a carboholic. looking to lose about 50 lbs. would love a few more friends.

living well is the best revenge, baby!
  • sheiwat
    sheiwat Posts: 47
    Options
    Hello..i'm Sheila...33 years old...had a baby in February and really need to shed some lbs
  • Karen_t7
    Karen_t7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI Mandy! Well here is another friend to your list. My name is Karen and I am 49 years old and happy to find Fitness Pal. I find this easy to bring up the food I have eaten before and check it off the list and add it to the meal for the day. Can't get any easier than that. I am wanting to lose at least 40 lbs and get to 125-130 lbs.
    I started Jazzercise and for anyone out there who has tried numerous exercise videos, classes and couldn't stick with them-try this!
    I have found that Jazzecise incorporates all the muscle groups and you do cardio and weight training in the class. I sweat and feel good that I have had a good hour workout. The steps are easy to follow and that is what keeps me coming back! I started a running clinic for beginners, but there isn't much running-more proper body posture so that injuries don't happen.
    I have tried all the diets out there the last 5 years and I think with this combination, I just might do alright.
    The woman who runs our Jazzercise also does Personal Training-so onec a week I see her and she put me on track for the nutrition and exercise plan.
    I procrastinated far too long and now I am willing to finally get my act together -only I can do it!
    So good luck and I am always here if you need an ear!
    Karen
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm GC. I'm mean.

He IS mean

He makes me laugh, and then my abs hurt..that shouldn't be allowed!
  • myjourrneytoabs
    myjourrneytoabs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    same here anyone feel free to add me
  • aemmert360
    Options
    Hi. I just joined today too. I'm 27 and wanting to lose some weight. Add me too as I know I will need some friends and encouragement to help me reach my goals- want to lose 20 pounds now, but really would like to lose a total of 55 to get me down to 150 or so.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I am motivating I've been told, lol
  • Divaflo1
    Divaflo1 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi Mandy! Never fear....we have you back! Welcome!
  • lilbit71
    lilbit71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am Dawn and would be very happy to be a weight loss buddy :) I absolutely love to share my experience, strength and hope and LOVE to be a cheerleader for someone else while on their journey! :bigsmile:

Welcome to MFP!!!
  • ddunston
    ddunston Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name is Debra and I too are looking for support we can do this! I live in NC and I want to lose 70 pounds and today is the first day of the rest of our lives! what is your plan i just had breakfast and prepare my own meals easiler to keep track my calories:flowerforyou:
  • joeys80
    joeys80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hi mandy im joanne, soz to hear bout divorce, ill add u as a friend if u dont mind, also if ne 1 wants to add me they can :) xx
  • Debbiefit45
    Options
    Add me!!! Debbie
  • sudler02
    sudler02 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just joined myself today and I am also a carboholic and am looking for friends to help me with my weight loss journey.
  • sudler02
    sudler02 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi my name is Sherry and I just started my journey today and am also looking for some friends to help me with my weight loss journey.