A bad day..."sigh"

Options
well since I started my weight loss journey this weekend was one of the worst eating weekends ever, I am so mad at myself!! old friends, old habits, fried everything and sausage gravy and biscuits with all the fixings for breakfast, my friend insist I do all my country cooking when she visits...I am officially back on track tomorrow, thanks for being here for me guys, have you had REALLY bad eating days???? Is this a normal part of the journey??

Replies

• Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Some days are like that! I had three weekends in a row like that. Totally stalled my weight loss. :( But the last 2 weekends, I have stayed within my goals and lost 3 pounds, putting me back on track. Don't let one day get you down....tomorrow is a new start!
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    Refocus tomorrow then. Life is to short not to have fun a bit now and then as long as you keep your eye on the prize. You had me a sausage gravy and biscuits. I whimpered a little. If you have the reciept can i get it.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal, I had a bad day yesterday and today it is the best feeling when I'm back on track! I always try to focus on whats ahead of me instead of looking back and feeling bad about it! So, no regrets, just make tomorrow a better one :)
  • beachgirl10
    beachgirl10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We are all allowed a few bad days, as long as we don't eat ourself and just get up and pick up where we left! Tomorrow: hard work and dedication!
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I actually had biscuits and gravy and all that this morning lol. Tomorrow is a new day. This weekend has been really bad for me too. Its ok. just move forward tomorrow. Good luck!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Back on track. It's not going to hurt you in the long run as long as you go back to your plan and stick to it. Honestly, I'm good during the week but the weekend comes and I'm a hot mess.... and I'm okay with that.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible weekend too...

I like to go by my weekly net calories. You can always exercise away some of 'em :)
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You had me at sausage gravy and biscuits. I whimpered a little.

Me, too. Yum!!!!!!

Yep, we've all had spells like this. Just get back on the horse -- you'll be fine :-)
  • dowkee
    dowkee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Perfectly normal. I just came off a "bad week"!!! We had a town festival here this past week and that meant plenty of booths with Polish sausage and Philly Cheese steak sandwiches, "Bloomin onions", funnel cakes, elephant ears, etc., etc., etc. AND KEN TRIED MOST OF THEM!! Back on track with my protein drinks, cottage cheese and veggies today, as well as a grueling 1-1/2 hours in the gym.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey, it happens to the best of us. Don't worry about it. Keep up the good work. Sometimes you have to let loose and shock your body. You feel bad about it, but your body will react to it in a positive way. Hit the exercise hard and stick with your food diary. You will be fine. I bet the food was good. Do not beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is another day!! :happy:
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness for that! :smile: And thank you guys for the awesome support and motivation!!! :flowerforyou: xoxo