Breakfast on the go.... Help

Options
Does anyone have any good breakfast ideas on the run? Something to eat easily in the car.

Replies

• fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Since I started on MFP I've been having smoothies for breakfast during the week. They taks me about 5 minutes to prepare and I enjoy them on the way into the office.
  • balancedhealth
    Options
    Protein shake with a litte spinach and fruit and a dash of healthy fat like coconut milk. You can also make scrambled eggs with bits of veggies and sausage in a muffin pan the night before - grab and eat on the go.
  • jenfitz
    jenfitz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. It's hard enough getting two boys fed, dressed and packed up for the day much less getting something done for myself! I've been eating a luna bar every morning. At first, (1-2 weeks) I felt a little deprived (since I usually would grab a honking bagel or donut) but now I kind of look forward to it and it gets me through the morning and a workout. I'm usually ready to eat a snack after my workout though.. I just baked up some mini-frittatas tonight to see if 3 or 4 of these work as a breakfast. Basically mix all the stuff you'd put in an omelet and then bake in mini-muffin pans 25 minutes.. we'll see!
  • kapittock
    kapittock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try a protein bar - you can get them from supermarket and they're about 100 calories each.
  • lmbw126
    lmbw126 Posts: 24
    Options
    I like my bfast on the go as well. I usually have a protein smoothie or yogurt and fruit or homemade protein bar. Hope this helps!
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I will either hard boil eggs on Sunday nights and have 2 for breakfast...or I have yogurt, granola, and either blueberry or strawberry

both are quick and easy :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I like egg muffins - I almost always eat breakfast in the car.

http://brit.fhoke.com/food/behold-the-magic-of-egg-muffins/
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I can't say these are the best breakfast ideas but I use them because they're quick and inexpensive:

Toast two Eggo Nutri-Grain Waffles or Wheat English Muffin (IPut a bit of peanut butter on them for protein. It stays with me til lunch!)

Greek Yogurt and Granola mixed together

Kellog Fiber Bar

Vita Top Muffin (Wonderful! I buy them in the frozen breakfast section at the grocery store. Around 100 cals and loaded with Vitamins. A bit expensive, but the trade off of fast and healthy made it OK.)

In a pinch, a 'low sugar' instant oatmeal will work, too.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies
    Oatmeal
    Hard boiled egg