How to increase calories

Options
I was wondering while on my way to my Sunday nap, how to increase calories. I have stalled out in my weight loss journey. 68lbs lost by working out alot and eating 1200-1300 calories daily and even less on the weekends. So now I am going to try and increase my food bc I'm often hungry and thought it was my water intake so I upped it to 3 liters a day with no avail. I wondering if I should just increase my serving size of what I already eat or do something else. TIA

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. Increasing portion size is the easiest but if you're already eating enough at one sitting it may be hard to force feed yourself.

Maybe add 2 snacks per day, at a midway point between meals? Serving of mixed nuts between breakfast and lunch, and a yogurt between lunch and dinner? I do 16 oz of chocolate milk before going to bed.
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ok that would mean eating like 7 meals bc I already do 2 snacks one in the morning and one in the afternoon along with your normal breakfast,lunch and dinner...something to ponder.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It's hard to suggest things without seeing your diary. For me, the easiest thing was to see what I was already eating and replace with something with more calories, but the same thing. For example, I don't drink fat free milk, do reduced fat or reduced calories of pretty much anything. So I will drink 2% or whole milk in place of the fat free milk which gives me more calories. Same with string cheese, cottage cheese, etc. I add olive oil to dishes where I might not have before. I tend to eat regular eggs vs. the liquid eggs that have less calories, that kind of thing.

Right now I am eating around 1600 calories (give or take) and more on the days I exercise.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Add 100 calorie packs of almonds, hard boiled eggs, a slice of cheese, plain yogurt w/fruit, celery w/almond butter or hummus, protein shakes or protein drinks. Just stay away from junk food and you will do fine...
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies. I am not a junk food person anymore. I do have my vices but I keep them out of the house. My diary is open for peeking just be gentle.