5k's and color runs

Options
Hey everyone,

So I really want to start doing some 5k's and color/mud runs but i don't know where many are in PA. Also I have terrible knees from playing sports growing up so that makes running painful at times, but this is something i really want to do. I want to power through my knee issues and do some runs, so Ibuproffen and my knee brace will prolly be my best friend for a while lol. Anybody know where to find some color/mud runs? Don't ever give up on goals people, they are what keep us going! When you meet one goal then set a higher one :tongue:

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Try searching a site like active.com - you can enter your area and search radius, the type of race you're looking for etc - you might find some good local races there.
  • 3RMomma
    3RMomma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    There is a color run in Philly Sunday July 8th
  • alliefiorini
    alliefiorini Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Where are you in PA? I'm doing the Color Run in Philly, the Quadzilla 15k trail run, the Half-Wit Half Marathon, the VIA Marathon in the Lehigh Valley (there is a relay option to that), the Runner's World Half Marathon, 10K and 5K (I'm doing all three, but you can opt to do one of them), the NY Marathon, the Philly Marathon (there is also a half marathon and 8K that day), and the Rehoboth Beach Marathon. I also do lots of local fall 5Ks and 10Ks, so depending where you are I can offer some insight on some good fall races!
  • faithvr
    faithvr Posts: 4
    Options
    awesome! all of those sound so exciting! im not up to par for much more then a 5k right now but im in adams county pa. i know the YWCA just had one in gettysburg but i think i missed it.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Www.runningintheusa.com