Good Bike Seat?

Options
So I really like biking and I find it's a great way to make the calories melt away, the only thing is that it leaves my butt killing afterwards. Or even for a two hour bike ride, the last half an hour is a killer. What are some good bike seat brands that I should invest in? (:

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Plenty of great brands. Bontrager, specialized to name a few.
    Go to a local bike store. They can fit you for a seat based on your riding style and sit-bone spacing.
    You might also consider bicycle shorts.
  • kellie1020
    kellie1020 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks, you're a hero! (:
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    So I really like biking and I find it's a great way to make the calories melt away, the only thing is that it leaves my butt killing afterwards. Or even for a two hour bike ride, the last half an hour is a killer. What are some good bike seat brands that I should invest in? (:

I have a fizik saddle (male version). Bought it 5 years ago. It is worth every penny.

http://www.fizik.it/women.aspx
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    The first step is definitely some padded bike shorts!

As for saddles, my favorite thus far has been my Terry Butterfly. Terry makes some great saddles, and some wonderful bike shorts, too.

What kind of bike do you ride? That will affect what kind of saddle you'll want to get. If you're sitting upright on a cruiser style bike, you'll want a wider, comfort saddle. If you're on a road bike, all leaning over-like, then a saddle like the Terry Butterfly will be a better fit.

If you don't feel confident ordering a saddle online, I second the suggestion to go to a good bike shop and ask for some help.

Happy biking!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I second the "go to a local bike store". They will help you figure out what you need and what you can get in your price range.