I've come a long way, baby! 365 days on MFP :)

Options
sahalcomb
sahalcomb Posts: 86 Member
Hey everyone! I have read countless success stories on here over the past year- being truly inspired and signing off with an "I can do this" attitude each time! Hopefully you, too, will gain some encouragement from my journey!

IMG_2198-2-1.jpg
This was taken Thanksgiving 2010.

IMG_5170.jpg
June 2011... This is where I started my journey.

IMG_0208.jpg
September 2011

IMG_0245.jpg
November 2011

IMG_0375.jpg
January 2012- Took this bc I was gym member of the month. 35lbs gone!

IMG_8164.jpg
Even bought some skinny jeans! Sent pics to my girls to make sure they approved! LOL:)

IMG_0561.jpg
Beach trip- May '12

IMG_9317.jpg
Even ran a Mudrun in May with my family & the best friend and workout partner in the world!!! So much fun!

IMG_0778-1.jpg
This was taken today-6/0212! I've come a long way baby!

I'm a 42 yr old wife and mom to 3 great kids, 22, 16 & 15. I also teach and have a very busy life! I've been up and down on the scale for my entire life and being only 5'2", that really stinks! :tongue: I lost 30+ lbs twelve years ago and kept it off for about five yrs. Then life took over, combined with horrible eating habits and a crazy lazy exercise approach, & I gained all that I had lost and even gained another 40 lbs on top of that! My starting weight was the heaviest I've ever been and I realized I had to do something...for me! After a friend introduced me to MFP, I finally joined about a month later- it was one of the best decisions I ever made! 365 days on MFP later, I'm so much stronger, 4 sizes smaller, 46 lbs lighter & have lost 24 1/2 inches! I feel so much better---physically and mentally. It feels great to put forth the effort and see results! I log in my calories every day, try to stay under goal, eat more healthy, exercise 6 days a week and try to read something motivational every day to stay excited about this journey! I still have 10lbs to go to get to the healthy range on the BMI chart but would really like to lose about 17/18 lbs more- just because! Might as well go for it! :happy: I had hoped to be at goal by my 1 year anniversary, but that's okay. I know I didn't put it on overnight and that it won't come off overnight... it's all about the journey back to ME- No excuses & I'm not givin' up! :bigsmile: Finish strong!

Good luck to everyone...we can do this! Commit to it & DON'T GIVE UP! Feel free to friend request, I love to give/receive support!

Replies

• bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, you look great! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • msmariebrown
    Options
    You look great. Congrats on your weight loss and thanks for sharing your inspiring story. I pray that a year from now, I will be able to tell a similar tale.
  • Wendi26plus2
    Options
    This is awesome girl!!! So proud of you and your my inspiration!!! You look amazing!!! :)
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    So inspirational. Happy 365!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • beccaboo0713
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! Congratulations!!
  • FitnessQueen120
    Options
    You look great!!!! A big congratulations to you. Keep it up! :)
  • tigerlily132
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work and determination. You look great!
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look so much happier and healthier, and, dare I say it, younger! Congratulations!
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You Look AMAZING. Great achievement
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look terrific:)
  • RicochetRabbit
    Options
    You look great. I have been on since April 2012. I am impatient and inconsistant. I hope to keep MFP in my life forever (because I have been doing good) instead of the yo-yo lifestyle I have been leading.

Thanks for the Inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Fantastic-- congrats!
  • tjwood70
    tjwood70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes you have! Thank you for sharing your success! What an inspiration you are and the committment you have shown! Be proud of your success!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Happy MFP anniversary! You look fabulous, and I must say, your dress in today's picture is gorgeous! You have done very well and have me feeling like if you can do it, so can I, and I'm just 3 years older than you. ;-)

Thank you for sharing, and best of luck with the remainder of your journey. Then, enjoy the new you for the rest of your life! :-)
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC.. I hope I can get myself together to beable to get pictures of myself during my journey..I have a few from when I first started going to T.O.P.S and a couple since then.. :happy:
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • Heather_RT
    Heather_RT Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Awesome. Good for YOU! Very inspiring. :) Thank you for sharing...:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!