28.6kg/62.92lbs down... work in progress.

Options
Shazzylee
Shazzylee Posts: 31 Member
8th October 2011 - 23rd June 2012
2qut84j.jpg

I actually have some muscle!
5ea4jm.jpg

I have seen other people post their progress photos and I thought I should do that too :smile:

I started my journey on the 8th October 2011 and after having 3 babies in four years with now weight loss in between I had ballooned up to 93.5kg or 205.7lbs. At only 5.1" tall, I was disgusted with the way I looked and finally decided that now was the time to do something about it. I had tried countless times to lose weight but had failed everytime as I was always on a "diet" (Just using that word gives me the chils).
I started with portion control and limiting processed carbs and sugar and eating lots of lean meat, fruit and vege. My workouts consisted of 30 Day Shred and Jazzercise 5 days a week. I have now broadened my workout selection to include weight training, Zumba, Ripped in 30, and many other different videos, as I'm at home all day with the kids and unable to get to a gym.
I have been using MFP for the last 7 months and it has been great as it has helped to keep me accountable by tracking my food and workouts.
I now currently weigh 64.9kg or 142.78lbs. I am hoping to lose approximately 10kg or 22lbs more to reach my goal weight, but I intend to shift my focus slightly to increasing muscle tone and definition and decreasing my body fat percentage.

Thanks for taking the time to read :tongue:

Replies

• Shazzylee
    Options
    Ha! Finally got the pics right. Yay!
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow you are a major inspiration!!! Great job!!
  • bahsukh
    bahsukh Posts: 19
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! We have similar body types, so you've inspired me to visualize success someday! WTG!
  • Shazzylee
    Options
    Congratulations! We have similar body types, so you've inspired me to visualize success someday! WTG!

Thank you. With a positive attitude I have no doubt you'll get there :smile:
  • Nacima26
    Nacima26 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    amazing job!!!! u look great!
  • Shianna33
    Shianna33 Posts: 11
    Options
    You look great!!! I would love to view your food diary. Please add me!!
  • Donnas614
    Donnas614 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing. As someone just starting out, it's good to see these success stories. I need to lose about as much as you have so far so it's good to see that it can be done in a relatively short time. Thanks for sharing your inspiring story!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I had 3 kids in three years so I am so glad to see it IS possible to get a nice toned appearance back.
    Such an inspiration!
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, wow!! What a difference :) You look like a whole new person. Great work! :)
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You have really slimmed down nicely! Congratulations!

10777536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    Awesome job and you look great!!!
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing. I am the same height and started at almost the same weight, you are where I would love to be. Not only is it amazing how quickly you did it, but you didn't let not being able to go to the gym stop you which is great and will probably inspire lots of people!! Amazing work.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Good job! You hold your weight very well in both pictures. Great progress, you look great.
  • jlm_getfit
    jlm_getfit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep up the great work!
  • MaretL
    MaretL Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well done lovely!!! You look awes awesome!
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    fantastic achievement. Congratulations.
  • Shazzylee
    Options
    Thank you all, for your kind words. It has been made so much easier by the fact that my family ie husband, parents, siblings etc have all been so supportive. My husband has even decided to jump on board and has started to change his eating and exercise habits for the better too.
    I will admit that in the last few weeks I have fallen off the wagon a little with regards to food choices, still staying within my calories, but because of it weight loss has slowed a little. But it's time to pick up my game again and get the rest of this weight gone and tone up for summer. I live in Australia, so it's winter at the moment. I want to look and feel good in my swimwear this Christmas :happy:
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Awesome transformation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!