Kind of scared

Options
Hi, I'm looking for some motivation and support. Not only do I need to lose 17lbs, I also have an anxiety disorder that has become much worse since starting perimenopause recently. I've prided myself for the last four years with controlling the anxiety with diet, but over the last year of stress, I've turned to food and alcohol for comfort. As a result, I've put on weight. I've made the commitment to stop drinking alone (I've never had a problem with having a few with company) but tonight I'm starting to see this is going to be tough road. Anyway, I'd love to make some friends. Thanks for listening!

Replies

• Mzchasenpaper
    Mzchasenpaper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had bad anxiety and last August my anxiety got so bad that I went into a deep depression, my doctor prescribed me cymbalta and it worked wonders, I suffered anxiety for many many years and now I am literally anxiety free. look into it.
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting on this path! I suffer from anxiety as well. It is really hard to stay healthy and not turn to food and alcohol when life is hard, but you can do it! Good luck, I believe in you!
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've sent a friend request :)
  • ginamastandrea
    ginamastandrea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im 40 and I have anxiety as well, its hard with a healthy diet plan cuz I would sometimes go to food for comfort. I hate taking medication for it but I have come to the conclusion it is best for me and my mental health to take it (not all the time ) if things get bad enough. You can add me I think we can all benefit from each other advise and stories. We are all here for you and understand what your going thru, Take care : )
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I've been there! After my Mom died in 2005 I was in deep depression, put on weight, had insomnia & severe panic attacks. It was hard, but since then I've managed to get control, get OFF the medication :happy:. Since then I've lost about 20lbs, & I'm still going!

Add me if you want... I know what it's like to be EXACTLY where you are, & I'm proof positive that you CAN do this!
  • Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    I have reached my goals and will gladly support anyone serious about making themselves better. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    I have had anxiety disorder for many years also. It's a very scary road and a very lonely road to be on. I had finally gotten rid of it and then was diagnosed with breast cancer last August. Since then I have had double mastectomy, chemo and radiation. I've got reconstructive surgery ahead of me and with all the worry we've had with my health, my anxiety is back in full swing! I have made a committment to myself through diet and exercise that I am going to get my life back! I don't want to go back to being afraid of everything. Maybe the suggestion above to try Cymbalta would be a good option for you? If it works that good, I might have to check into it myself! Thanks for the tip, Mzchasenpaper!

Maybe we can buddy up and keep each other sane! :flowerforyou: It's always easier to succeed when you feel like you have someone to talk to who understands.

I'm new here and haven't posted on here before, but I felt I needed to reach out to you because I know how debilitating anxiety can be. Feel free to message me anytime you need to vent or talk.

Good luck!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Getting on an exercise program and eating right will help with the anxiety. You can add me if you'd like for support and encouragement.