New here :) Looking for inspiration buddies?

Options
I'm totally restarting both me and my moms vegetarian diet, (I'm 14) and I found that I have no friends on MFP... I'd like to have some friends that can keep me from giving up! I'm also a very supportive person and pretty social :)

Replies

• dmzazueta
    dmzazueta Posts: 36
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I am, also, new here. So far, I am happy with the app and it is handy to have every where. Although, I am not a vegetarian, no judgement will come from me. Wishing you much success.

Cheers,
    Danielle
  • christinaw1987
    Options
    Hi, I'm pretty new here, too and think it would be nice to have someone to kinda talk to on here and the such..because I know I sure need the motivation at times :)

I'm not a vegetarian, but I can be very supportive. I really don't eat very much meat and I've dabbled in trying to become a vegetarian, but I have some health problems and I ended up making myself more sick. I'd love to learn some good healthy vegetarian meals to make!

You can message me on here or however this works anytime.

Wishing you lots of success on your journey!

-Christina.
  • blackveilbrides131
    blackveilbrides131 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I also love having the app, but because I have an ipod and not an iPhone, it's more difficult to log my food throughout the day with no wifi.
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    You can write down the food and put it in later. At least that's what I do. :)
  • blackveilbrides131
    Options
    A few of my friends also tried going vegetarian but had health issues.. It's not the healthiest diet, but for certain people it can be better than others. :) The reason I originally started vegetarianism was just so that I would have some restrictions on what I eat, as I pretty much would eat anything if I could. Also, I could share some simple recipes me and my mom have tried if you want :)
  • blackveilbrides131
    Options
    You can write down the food and put it in later. At least that's what I do. :)

Good idea :) I'll have to start carrying one of those mini notebooks around xP
  • Debrica
    Debrica Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I am not brand new but I have been around a few months. I have a friend on here who is very dedicated. How ever I am not always online so I try to chat with like minded people and keep motivation when I am able to get online. Looking for chatting buddies and some to compare notes and resources with. Hope to speak with you soon. Oh I was on a hypoglycemic diet. My guy friend is on Atkins, and I have a girlfriend on the Super foods diet. I decided to follow the guide lines loosely to see what is better for me.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you are 14 you should not be on My Fitness Pal. I believe the rules state you must be 18 years old. Sparkteens.com is a website like MFP meant for those under 18 years old :) Good luck!
  • blackveilbrides131
    Options
    Hi, I am not brand new but I have been around a few months. I have a friend on here who is very dedicated. How ever I am not always online so I try to chat with like minded people and keep motivation when I am able to get online. Looking for chatting buddies and some to compare notes and resources with. Hope to speak with you soon. Oh I was on a hypoglycemic diet. My guy friend is on Atkins, and I have a girlfriend on the Super foods diet. I decided to follow the guide lines loosely to see what is better for me.

I'm planning to start logging every day starting Monday next week :) And that would sound great!

Also,
    If you are 14 you should not be on My Fitness Pal. I believe the rules state you must be 18 years old. Sparkteens.com is a website like MFP meant for those under 18 years old :) Good luck!

I've tried sparkteen, and I didn't like it at all. Also, why would age effect what I'm doing on here? I think anybody (including 14 year olds) should have a way to try and stay fit.