T.O.M.?!

Options
nellyfb
nellyfb Posts: 8 Member
Does any of you ladies exercise during that lovely time of month? And how do you manage that.
I get really bad craMrs and can't even fanthom exercising. Was suppose to start my insanity journey in the am but its not looking so good!

Replies

• TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'd try it. It helps a lot of women to stay active and can kill the cramps. Especially hard cardio like insanity will give you a nice endorphin rush to cover up the pain. I don't bleed, but I have chronic back pain and exercise is better than any narc.
  • 4sandrad
    4sandrad Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Since I have had my children I don't get cramps anymore, But when I did I always used exercise to ease the pain.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It's hard as HECK to make yourself start, but once you're going, it really helps. Try to do it!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I wish my wife would....she burns up a lot of energy tearing me a new one each month.
  • nellyfb
    Options
    I think I will indeed thx everyone!!..it is just the fitness test the first day anyway!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I try to but I usually dont the first day because of severe cramps, after that I exercise and just do what i can or whatever i feel like
  • Xniecex
    Xniecex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I wish my wife would....she burns up a lot of energy tearing me a new one each month.

Lol another reason exercise is good. Eases that stress/anger/attitude. I feel it coming on then i get to moving. I have to. I dont like that monster. She gets me every time i let her
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It's hard as HECK to make yourself start, but once you're going, it really helps. Try to do it!

sooooo true for me to!!
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    the first day i try n not exercise n kill the cramps n so forth or if i do i take pain killers and go for it...in the end of excerising i dont cramp anymore and i feel great.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    try exercising. i know I never feel like it, but if I do, it makes me feel better
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    If I don't exercise regularly, especially as T.O.M. is arriving, AND have Aleve in my system, the cramps knock me over. So will the ugly side of me. This month I"ve been busting my butt at the gym 6 days a week, for about an hour a day, and I had no cramps, and only half a pound of bloating. I say go out and walk, swim, whatever you can manage, because it does help! If you can take the stuff, Midol can help too. Oh, and drink plenty of water, even if that seems counter productive.Best of luck to you. I know it's not fun as this point rolls around each month.
  • trblmakr23
    trblmakr23 Posts: 44
    Options
    I don't feel motivated to exercise during that time..but when I do, the cramps seem so much more tolerable. So it'll be something I do from now on.
  • betinafrantz
    betinafrantz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually try to, but I have it really intense so most times I feel dizzy and my legs seem to weigh a ton x_x but anyway it helps with cramps and mood!
  • nellyfb
    Options
    Wow you all are so helpful..I just did a practice jump and I'm ready to take on the
    world...or just insanity LOL. ..Add me!!