Your workout shoes..

Options
What brand and "classification"(walking, running, cross trainers, etc...) of sneakers do you wear when working out?
Mostly I'd like a better shoe for walking, light jogging, and fitness video (30DS, ETC)

My old cheapies are just that... cheap. I'm finally willing and able to invest in something better.

Suggestions?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    new balance minimus cross trainers for muay thai
    new balance minimus running shoes for weight lifting (or you know, running). Sounds weird, but it has a stiff sole and almost 0 drop.
  • mkupartist
    mkupartist Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love love love Asics gel kayano. I've bought three pairs over time.
  • verapamil
    verapamil Posts: 94
    Options
    I love my asics rush 33. Super comfortable and lightweight.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    best idea for shoes is go to a really good running store and get properly fitted. cannot stress how important this is and what a difference it makes. They will evaluate how you walk/run and help you find the best fit
  • konalove3
    konalove3 Posts: 79
    Options
    any new balance trail running shoes. great support, cushion, and stability.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    For indoor use
    Nike Air Flex Trainer
    Nike Trainer Cold Combat

For walking outside on pavement
    Nike Air Monarch IV - amazing comfortable shoe

For Hiking and trails
    Zamberlan Hiking Boots
    Merrell Hiking Boots
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I switch between my "toe shoes" and my nike's which are running shoes. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE cross trainers, though.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I actually have several different pairs that I wear depending on what I'm doing. I have Reebok running shoes that are AMAZING for running but not so much for just walking. I have some Nike Air International shoes that are actually running shoes but I prefer to wear them when doing my workouts (been doing the 30 Day Shred and these are great for me in that). I also have Champions rocker style shoes that I prefer to use for when I'm walking (but not running) and I have Dr. Sholl's Fitness Walkers for Work that I wear, yup! At work. :laugh:

I hate having so many different pairs of shoes but have found that I prefer the way my muscles and joints feel if I mix up the shoes for the different types of activities.
  • kawaldo
    kawaldo Posts: 3
    Options
    It is always a good idea to have 2 workout shoes.... a pair for running, and a pair for the days you won't be doing any running. I have Nike Airmax for running, and Nike Trainers for the days I don't. I own others too.... but these are my favorites! I'm such a shoe addict.
  • kawaldo
    kawaldo Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree!
  • Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I currently use Vasque but wouldn't recommend it. I am getting Brooks Glycerin 10
    And recommend to my customers (I work at a shoe store with running/walking/hiking/dress shoes) New Balance, Brooks, or Asics. Mainly because they all have support for whatever type or working out you do. But, every foot is different so it really comes down to how they fit and feel and meet your needs.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have Asics Blur for running and Asics GT for everything else. I've tried on a lot of different brands of running shoes and Asics are always the most comfortable for me!

I definitely recommend getting properly fitted at a specialty running store!
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am doing body revolution and i have Nike vomero 7. Since I got them I finished with feet cramps... Amazing shoes!!! Very comfortable and very stable!!!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have innov8's for Crossfit and Ristos for lifting (barefoot for deadlifts)/
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I use New Balance -- have 2 pair... They are the ones that were most comfortable to me when I tried them on... Much easier on my feet than many brands that are more expensive. Personally, I find that different people's feet are shaped differently so really the best thing to do is try them on... find a brand that works for you ... and stick with them...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thank y'all for your input!

Next time I go to the city I will look for a running shop!

I can always pick out a pair of shoes that feel good in the store, but after a little walking or just wearing them around the house, my feet get extremely cramped.

I'm not sure what its called exactly but I wear shoes out funny. Like the entire outside of the heel are very very worn while the inside heel is barely worn at all.

Thanks again lots of great suggestions here :-)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Asics! they are the BEST
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I loved my KSwiss Tubes...until I started running. They weren't the right running shoe for me. I still use them for walking, and for DVDs if I did any. But for running, I'm currently wearing Nike Zoom Structure.
  • robharlan
    robharlan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fila Skeletoes. Great for in the gym, not so great for running outside.
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Asics have my vote too.
    I have problems with arthritis and I've never had to break in a pair of asics.
    Always good to go from the get-go.