Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm Kate, I'm 25 years old and reside in the northern suburbs of Melbourne in Australia. I've been overweight my entire life and was at my biggest of 110kgs (242lbs) about 3 or 4 years ago. I'm currently 106.3kgs (234lbs).

I have been on a multitude of diets and lifestyle changing programs (too many to list but just think of all the major programs and then some) and I'm getting a little tired of my current size. I'm a compulsive emotional eater and have recently come to realise the fact that I fear change (seeing that I've always been overweight) and self sabotage whenever someone notices a change (ie. loss of weight etc.) which I hope to overcome so I can live the life I'm meant to live. I also suffer from low confidence and self esteem which doesn't help the emotional eating.

I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome about 10 years ago but have yet to do anything to counter the symptoms - I want that to change.

I would love to have some motivational friends on my friends list to give that extra push to keep up with this journey.

Look forward to sharing my journey with everyone

Cheers

Kate

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends!!
  • kit1986
    kit1986 Posts: 23
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request kr3851 - I too tried the biggest loser though I wasn't really in the right frame of mind (which if speaking honestly is an excuse seeing that I use it for every other failed attempt).

Congrats on the loss so far :)

Kate
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    IM here toooo!
  • Mia2891
    Mia2891 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Add me too!!! :)
  • Bamba73
    Bamba73 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi kate,
    I'm from Melbourne too .. =)
    Add me if you like

Nic
  • alegabe
    alegabe Posts: 10
    Options
    I'll be your friend!! I need motivational buddies too!!:)
  • sramirez1025
    Options
    Add me Love to be your friend i need an extra push as well.:smile: