CEROC DANCING - post workout migraine?!

Options
SASSYJAX
SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
Yup, I get my workout from 3 solid hours in a night of Ceroc dancing! Its a great workout and so much fun!
I try and go twice a week.

But I get a splitting awful migraine type (without funny vision) headache the next day and maybe from an hour or so after I get home.

Is it not enough fluids, salts or what can I do?...love my Ceroc but the next day wipes me out and Im getting to dread going...not good!

(Ceroc for those of you who dont know is a type of jive dance, with a salsa type wiggle but without the tricky footwork! )

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Have no clue; see a doc, but keep dancing!
    We will live to see our 100th birthday.
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Ceroc dancing but I was having problems with bad headaches after the elliptical a few months ago. I have found that I don't have that problem anymore because I have significantly increased my water intake throughout the day before I go do cardio in the evening after work. I also drink plenty of water during and after the workout. Maybe give that a try? A three hour dance workout could easily dehydrate you if you're not careful.
  • SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    One of my ceroc friends says to take half a teaspoon of salt before dancing and it stops this...going to try that...
    Its a horrible headache....

great workout though!
    xx