weight vs inches

Options
some of my measurements are up. I measure once a week. I'm in pounds down but some measurements up.. AHHHHHH... suggestions please....

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. I swear sometimes things adjust around as we lose. I'm sure someone will tell me that scientifically impossible - but it really does seem that way! Are you maybe building some muscles in that area? You can tighten a measuring tape over jiggly arms, for example, tighter than around a nice firm muscled arm.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. I swear sometimes things adjust around as we lose. I'm sure someone will tell me that scientifically impossible - but it really does seem that way! Are you maybe building some muscles in that area? You can tighten a measuring tape over jiggly arms, for example, tighter than around a nice firm muscled arm.

NO I don't think she's building muscle because she keeps on losing weight & furthermore if you see yourself getting bigger with the added muscle, that is because you're still having that thick layer of fat so in short you're building muscle underneath that layer of fat which makes you appear bigger. As to the OP, perhaps its better to have your body fat percentage checked.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the explanation for this could be, but you seem to be eating far too little to be building any muscle. I think you need to have a look at your diet and exercise routine personally. Change your diet to a more moderate caloric deficit, and make sure you are incorporating resistance training into your exercise routine.

Eating this way is a sure fire way to end up losing as much muscle as fat. Sure the number on the scale will go down, but it will take you a lot longer to get to where you want to be if you lose a significant amount of muscle in the process.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what type of workouts are you doing and what are you eating? you can sill be eating under but certain foods will make you bloat (for me it's extra sodium, gluten and sugar)

the day after a tough lifting working i'll be swollen enough to add to my measurements
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    I would maybe measure once a month instead of a week. I have just started measuring. I measured 2 weeks after i started and i didnt seem to of lost any inches however i had lost weight. So i took pictures and i could see some loss in the pictures so i obviously have lost inches. But when i measure i always wonder if i have the tape in the exact same place and if i am holding it as tight as i was or tighter all of which can make it look like you have not lost anything