Would be nice to have some buddies :-)

Options
Hello all...I'm just looking for some motivation buddies. I'm 32 w/ 4 children so as you can imagine stress is a big part of my life. I recently just started pushing myself to get up and out to the gym at 5 in the morning because I knew that after work I would have no ump left in me to do it. So far so good, I've lost weight and inches. I admit to slacking though for two weeks due to a beach vacay...slowly getting back on the horse though. Right now I only two friends and my mom (personal trainer) pushing me but it would be nice to have a bigger network. People that can understand what I'm going through and can relate.

Replies

• isabelle1799
    isabelle1799 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I TOTALLY get where you're coming from! It would be nice to have some extra peeps to help keep us motivated. :) I can't imagine getting up super early to work out though.. I'm more of a work at night kind of gal. How long have you been on here? I just reactivated my account tonight.. its time to lose weight and inches and start feeling better.
  • MissKTMc
    MissKTMc Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey, I just started using this to force myself to lose a few pounds! I prefer working ut in the mornings too but really need a push to get out of bed! I don't have any friends on here yet and would appreciate some support!!
  • abaka123
    abaka123 Posts: 48
    Options
    hey there. ill be your support buddy. add me.
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like!:smile:
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.....feel free to add me
  • ruthmowery
    Options
    Good for you. It takes alot of motivation to do this. To get up at 5:00 and go to the gym, it sounds like you have what it takes. My friend and I have been on this weight loss yoyo our whole lives and we have made the decision to do this once and for all and to make it a lifestyle. So far I have lost 30 lbs. It really isn't that hard once you make your mind up and start exercising. You feel so much better and stronger that you don't even want to go back to that lifestyle. Lifting weights has made a huge difference in how I feel about myself. I feel stronger and more confident. I am starting to see the benefits of it as well, I am gaining muscle and looking leaner. It is great. We would love to have you as one of our friends. Support is a big part of weight loss and you have ours if you want it.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You are so lucky to have a trainer as your mom. :flowerforyou:
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    It is wonderful to have buddies on here to help you along the way. My mfp pals are the best! Feel free to add me!
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    add me if you'd like. i totally understand where you're coming from! ii have to get up at 5am as well to workout but i only have to go as far as my livingroom. i'm starting to lose my motivation just to even go that far :grumble: ...sad but true!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you for deciding to start a healthy lifestyle. I don't think I could get up at 5 am to go to the gym. I do like to go in the morning when I am refreshed and have more energy, though. Feel free to add me.
  • Adamskk1
    Adamskk1 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'll gladly be a buddy....to anyone....feel free to add me if you like

:-)
  • vasimms
    vasimms Posts: 1
    Options
    You can add me too!:smile: I am new to MFP, have lost 35 pounds since Feb. 2011 doing the 17DD plan. I have boosted up my cardio to 6 days a week and 3 of the days, I am up at 4:15 a.m. to workout with a neighbor of mine. It's really helpful to have a workout buddy! The other 3 days I am running, doing the Couch25k. I am hoping to lose another 10 pounds.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Have sent you a friend request!!