Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred...I didn't complete it ):

Options
So, I decided I wanted to start my 30 day shred journey today. I was super excited and everything. I only made it to 15 mins and then I stopped. I feel HORRIBLE about it ): I was trying my best to push through, but I couldn't bring myself to do so. Tomorrow I'm going to try twice as hard, but regarding today, should I feel bad? Did anyone else not complete day 1 the first time?

Replies

0400772 Posts: 80
    Options
    Aw hun i was the same, i tried it last monday and sat and cried until thursday and tried it again and i did a wee bit better. its very hard and even "fit" people struggle but when ti starts to get easier that shows your fitness is going up. I havent done it today yet as i have hurt my back but i am going to attempt tonoight again.

If you determined then try again, you might be shocked! I was, and after i completed it on Thursday i had a huge smile on my face, even tho i was aching! In fact my legs still hurt today!! But its a great sensation

Lyndz x
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. I think I will try again tomorrow. But today, I'm going to give it a break. It looked so simple...I think it was the shoulder press that killed me. And those reverse crunches. Grrr.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I started it today, got through it all, but I really really struggled, its hard work!
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just remember, you don't have to do it exactly like they do it on the dvd. when I did it and I found it was getting too hard, I just walked on the spot until I could continue......as long as you keep moving, that is all the matters. Try again and keep that in mind, you will finish it!!!
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    Just remember, you don't have to do it exactly like they do it on the dvd. when I did it and I found it was getting too hard, I just walked on the spot until I could continue......as long as you keep moving, that is all the matters. Try again and keep that in mind, you will finish it!!!
    You make a good point! I should have just walked in place. Thank you for the tip
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is weird because it occupies this weird slot of intensity that's too much for many beginners but not enough for intermediate users. When I tried it I had already been working out for over a year and no matter how much weight I used it wasn't enough to challenge me. And I do not like floor ab work because I often feel it more in my lower back than I do in my abs. I do all my ab work either standing, on a balance ball, or hanging.
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Mmmporkrinds Posts: 192
    Options
    It was over a month of level 1 before I could do the whole thing without stopping. Actually I still struggle with parts of it. But if you do it regularly, even if you have to stop or walk on the spot sometimes, you do get fitter and stronger with practice. Some of the things I found really hard at first and thought I could never do, I can do easily now. Also if you're puffing, sweating and your muscles feel like they're really working, it's doing you good even without finishing. Good luck! :-)
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    :'D Thank you all so much. I don't feel so bad anymore. <3
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    As long as you did what you could, there's no need to feel bad!!! just keep at it and I am sure you will see huge improvements in your endurance. Can you set yourself mini goals? I am doing her body revolution at the moment on workout 11 and found it really tough going. My goal is to modify less and less each time on the things I struggle with namely push up variations!!! Sometimes we just have bad days too..sometimes I haven't had the strength to give 100% but you attempted it today..be proud of that!
  • kim8184
    kim8184 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You should not feel bad at all. You tried, that is something to be very proud of. You tried, you had to stop, but you tried. Tomorrow is another day and I bet that you do a little more. The next day even more, until one day you have completed the workout and look back on today and wonder why you where so worried about not being able to complete the workout on the first attempt. You got this, don't worry. If you haven't worked out in a while, you need to build up your strength and stamina, and you will. The main thing is do not give up.