Just starting

aslaurais
aslaurais Posts: 14 Member
Ok. Tomorrow I am starting tracking. I can't take how I feel/look. I don't love the number on the scale. Can you all give me some helpful hints on how you do it? I have used WW many times but tired of tracking points. I am 38, have a 2 year old and so busy.. (like we all are, right?).

Thanks!!! Let's do it! :D

Replies

• wxgurl
    wxgurl Posts: 52 Member
    For me, tracking every thing I eat in the journal is a huge help. It makes me very aware of how much I tend to eat and overeat...mmmm food...anyway, awareness of how much I eat really helps me the most.
  • khcastro
    khcastro Posts: 23
    I think what all sneaks up on us is portions. When you actually read the labels, it's shocking to see how much we are "over eating" of an object. I'm soooo guilty of this. The other day I was reading the back of the tortilla chips it says a serving size is 11 chips for 140 calories. I would have eaten like 22 chips had I not read it. By tracking I realize how somethings I am eating while they may seem to be good choices are actually poor ones... It helps me to second guess that piece of chocolate when I know it has 240 calories in it and I know thats like an hour of walking to burn it off.

I know the feeling--being disgusted and tired of being where you are--but I keep telling myself, I have to start somewhere and it is what it is. Good luck!! :)
  • aslaurais
    aslaurais Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you ladies! Yes, tracking is the best way. "If we bite it we must write it" : ) I wish you luck today! Do you use the apps or write it down?

Laura
  • leetime4me
    leetime4me Posts: 20
    I just track it here. Good luck..We can do it!