Hi Zumba Lovers

Options
I'm a 23 yr old mom of 3 beautiful girls ages 5, 3, and 2 and I love Zumba. If there are any zumba fans out there add me as a friend because I love to meet new people that are like minded.

Live Life 2 The Fullest !!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    zumba is great as an added exercise...or cardio workout, i feel bad for people who think it is souly all that is needed! zumba is fun tho if you have the right teacher
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i luv luv zumba!!! do it 4 times a week!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    OH, my goodness!!!! I am a Zumba newbie, but I am already addicted!! I go to a Zumba class offered at our gym three days a week...:happy:

I :heart: Zumba !!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    ZUMBA is my fav.!!! Even though I still have a ton of weight to lose, I have become a certified Zumba Instructor and teach anywhere from 2-4 times a week. When I'm not teaching, I'm still there...what can I say, I just can't get enough.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I went to my first Zumba class last night and loved it! Man my thighs and calves were buuuuuurning!! I plan to go next week too. Unfortunately my gym only offers it one night a week (I can't go to the Monday morning class- I have to work). But thats ok. I enjoy having one night a week to have something different for now. Maybe I'll ask for more classes eventually.

How many calories are you burning during Zumba? Last night, my hrm said I burned 1150!!
  • Jenks
    Options
    I went to my first Zumba class last night and loved it! Man my thighs and calves were buuuuuurning!! I plan to go next week too. Unfortunately my gym only offers it one night a week (I can't go to the Monday morning class- I have to work). But thats ok. I enjoy having one night a week to have something different for now. Maybe I'll ask for more classes eventually.

How many calories are you burning during Zumba? Last night, my hrm said I burned 1150!!

With Zumba the calories vary, depending on the instructor/choreography and how much you put into it. But to give you a range it would be somewhere between 575-1000. I'm not sure what an hrm is, but if it's like a bodybugg, I'd say 1150 is possible.
  • paladyinred
    Options
    Hey I am a newbee...what is zumba?
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp :)
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! - Zumba is a high energy cardio class that incorporates Latin music and easy dance moves that gets you burning many many calories per hour. Think of it as a dancy aerobics class with really really cool music!
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    HRM - heart rate monitor
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi there ... I :heart: Zumba too. I've been doing it to a DVD for a while now ... but I just joined a gym and did a Zumba class this morning. It definately won't be my last. It was a blast!! Fun fun fun.
  • paladyinred
    Options
    sounds like fun! Is it low impact? I had orthoscopic knee surgery about 4 weeks ago and I cannot jump or anything like that.

:happy:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    ZUMBA is my fav.!!! Even though I still have a ton of weight to lose, I have become a certified Zumba Instructor and teach anywhere from 2-4 times a week. When I'm not teaching, I'm still there...what can I say, I just can't get enough.

OH... that is AWESOME!!!! I actually have a lot of weight to lose and a friend of mine said that I should be an instructor... I just laughed at her :laugh: BUT way to go, you!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Hi there ... I :heart: Zumba too. I've been doing it to a DVD for a while now ... but I just joined a gym and did a Zumba class this morning. It definately won't be my last. It was a blast!! Fun fun fun.

I'm so glad you liked it, Magglett!!! I knew you would :wink:
  • kandyjo
    Options

WOW!!!! 1150!!!! That is amazing!!! You must have been REALLY SHAKIN YOUR GROOVE THANG!!! :laugh: Way to go!!! I hope your gym starts offering it more... YOu should get together with more gals in the class and talk to the person in charge... If they know that there is a NEED for more classes, more than likely, they will do there best to make it happen :drinker:
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    sounds like fun! Is it low impact? I had orthoscopic knee surgery about 4 weeks ago and I cannot jump or anything like that.

I don't know if I'd consider it low impact , but you can always modify your moves and march in place.
  • paladyinred
    Options
    k...I'm gonna check it out!!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I've been to several classes and love it too!!!
    You're right...... the instructor makes a big diff! :flowerforyou:

Still kinda klutzy in doing all the steps but I get in there and shake it anyway!!! :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I just got word that they cancelled zumba at my gym..... I'm thoroughly upset... I'm definitley going to complain....:sad: :grumble: :angry:
  • Jenks
    Options

There's Zumba Gold, which is a lower impact workout. Both Zumba and Zumba Gold have high/low impact modifications, however Zumba Gold even has a chair workout.