Drop body fat & Gain Muscle (Serious Participants Only)

Options
Ok, I've been kind of sidetracked this month due to the NBA Finals and the Euro Cup. The damn alcohol and partying is getting to me, so I want to put my body through a serious boot camp. Seeing how there isn't much going on in July, I figured it'd be the best time to focus on my goals.

My goal for July is to gain 2-5 lbs of lean muscle and drop .5%-1% body fat. This won't be easy since I'm already at a single-digit body fat % and don't gain weight that easily, so I need a support group. I have the most unhealthy friends, and they spend more time ridiculing my lifestyle than partaking with me.

Girls, guys, it doesn't matter. This is intended more for the individuals already in decent shape, and are looking to elevate their body to the next level. We can stay on top of each other, making sure we stay on track with our goals, provide motivation, and even have daily challenges. I always think competition brings the best out of people. Just let the group know your goals, and we'll all help each other achieve them. Not too many people though. I think no more than 5 should be in this group. That way it's easier for us to stay on top of each other.

So who's with me? I want to start July 2nd, because I expect Spain to be in the Euro Cup final on July 1st, and I know damn well my father and I are going to get chocolate-wasted off of that Costa Rican Rum and party like we're fraternity brothers.

Replies

• lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    im on board with this. how you gonna do it. whats your plan of attack. friend me so we can chat if you want. im DEAD serious!!:devil:
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm down. My goal is to shed some body fat over july and august so I can start a build in Sept. I'm hella focused.....i *have* to be because my body is super comfortable where it's at. I've been quietly giving myself daily challenges, mostly around my dietary goals since that is what has to be in check for me to see any movement on my bf %.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Great, any guys want to join in?
  • Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    sounds good
    im in but how we going to achieve this?
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Currently on with the 30DS+ strength training (thrice a week)+ light cardio.

What's the task here?
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Keep me posted.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am in, please keep me posted on the details.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    1 word...

Yohimbine
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    You thinking of carb Cycling?
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm definetly in. I'm currently at 22.95% and my first goal is to get to 20. Please keep me posted.

Thanks!
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    1 word...

Yohimbine
    Not meaning to hijack this thread, but how do you rate Yohimbine dan? I have been meaning to try it, but haven't got around to it yet.
  • jac1967123
    jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    how long or how much work is involved in turning a pound of fat into a pound of muscle i am just curious?
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I Might not be as fit as ya'll are but I would like to be, and I'm willing to put the work in so count me in too.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    how long or how much work is involved in turning a pound of fat into a pound of muscle i am just curious?

That's actually a myth, you can't really turn fat into muscle
  • sniperzzzz
    Options
    You cant, turn fat into muscle.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    Ok, so my plan of attack is involving high-intensity interval training (HITT) and this MHP Max-30 training. I'll post a link to the program below. I did it for a week, and it seems legit. Definitely felt like it can produce results.

I plan on doing about 30 minutes of HIIT first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, that way I burn my stored fat, then hit the gym for my Max-30 weight training after I fuel up. I'm thinking a 2500 caloric intake with a 40-40 % split of carbs and protein.

My main problem is getting out of bed in the morning to get my HIIT done. I know if I have someone yelling at me for not doing it, I'll start doing it. (I don't like getting into trouble lol).

I'm also doing 1 cheat day a week, where I increase my caloric intake by 50%, but not eating junk food, just eating more to boost my metabolism. I guess we can check out each other's diary's, make sure everything is on track, keep each other motivated, ask how the workouts went, push each other if we feel like we're not having a good day, and each day come up with a challenge, like who can do more pushups in 2 min. Stuff like that. Just want to feel like I'm on a mission with somebody, instead of traveling alone. I work best when I feel like I have to help others and others are trying to help me.

http://mhpx-fit.com/workout-videos/instructional-series/mhp-max-30-training/
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    not a guy, but definitely count me in! i've been lifting for a while, w/o any real direction. decided it's time to get serious about it. got "new rules of lifting for women", and plan to start on 7/4, when i get back from vacation. would love the support.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    1 word...

Yohimbine
    Not meaning to hijack this thread, but how do you rate Yohimbine dan? I have been meaning to try it, but haven't got around to it yet.

So far so good.

I've been IF 16/8 since January 1st so once I hit 13% the Yohimbine was an easy addition to my supplements.
    A suggestion is to read Lyle McDonalds Stubborn Fat Solution and choose one of his protocols once a week.

Yohimbine did help break a plateau but it has a slight water retention side effect that supposedly goes away a week after stopping.

You can find some good info on BB.com forums under fat loss/advanced fat loss.
    Look for the stickie titled Stubborn Fat.

Def go synthetic if you can find it and avoid the natural supplement.
  • sniperzzzz
    Options
    1 word...

Yohimbine

So far so good.

I've been IF 16/8 since January 1st so once I hit 13% the Yohimbine was an easy addition to my supplements.
    A suggestion is to read Lyle McDonalds Stubborn Fat Solution and choose one of his protocols once a week.

Yohimbine did help break a plateau but it has a slight water retention side effect that supposedly goes away a week after stopping.

You can find some good info on BB.com forums under fat loss/advanced fat loss.
    Look for the stickie titled Stubborn Fat.

Def go synthetic if you can find it and avoid the natural supplement.
    Thanks for the reply and info dan, much appreciated.