what was i thinking

Options
I'm doing real good this past 1 month..logging everything and staying under my limits

Last Friday,a well meaning colleague brought my fav food espescially for me and i feel obligated to eat..so i
took a little, then i took a little more and more..then at home i don't know
what happened but to cut a long story short i've been eating NON-STOP!!

And the worse part is i don't even enjoy these food anymore but i just can't stop.
Anyone had gone through the same thing? Sometimes i really don't understand me..

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have. My weakness is chips of any kind, especially corn chips..
    Its okay to feel this way, get back on the horse. Don't be ashamed because food is food :smile:
  • Adureeuh
    Adureeuh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Personally, I avoid binging but just allowing myself to eat what I want when I want it. I still use portion control. Others may not agree with my because I don't always eat "clean", but I feel binging only happens to me when I try and cut something completely out of my daily diet. Because of this I also don't see the need for cheat days.

If this food is something you've told yourself you can't have, you may have just binged because of that. It just seems to work that way for me, but maybe it's different for you.
  • StarIsMoving
    StarIsMoving Posts: 437
    Options
    Sometimes if you get a taste of certain foods it re-triggers those cravings. Bring yourself back down off them and you will be fine. Sometimes finding a healthy replacement that helps with those cravings helps. Example: my weakness is sweet carbs (big time drug for me). Strawberries and blueberries in Dream Whip (made from almond milk) helps me and satisfies that.
  • gguynes
    gguynes Posts: 20
    Options
    Give yourself a break... I'm trying to drop weight, still need to lose another 20+ pounds... But every so often, I have to have my Meat Lovers pizza... all I can eat. Psychologically it gives me a boost knowing that I can still eat "Taboo Food" or as much as I want periodically, as long as I get myself refocused. I've set aside one day a week where I "let: myself splurge if I want. It may slow down the weight loss, but I'm confident I'll stick with it...

Refocus, and take gradual steps to getting back on track to your goals.