Confused over Superstore small chicken blt salad

Hey, all.

Trying to eat a low carb diet and today I picked up a Small Chicken BLT Salad from my local superstore for lunch... The nutritional information has 42g of carbs listed, but I can't for the life of me figure out where that's coming from. Lettuce is mostly fiber (counting net carbs) and the rest is unbreaded chicken, real bacon bits and cheese. I even toss the tomatoes. Anyone able to tell me where that's all coming from? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Oh my gosh I just noticed that too!! I am on a low carb diet (trying not to exceed 20 grams of carbs per day) and I looked up the nutritional info for this chicken BLT salad from the Superstore and I was shocked! Is this a mistake? Does anybody know?
  • So I called the Superstore head office who said they didn't know the nutritional value so they transferred me to an individual store who also had no idea.... :S

42 grams of carbs seems extremely high, it must be a mistake. But Wendy's chicken BLT salad has 17 grams, the KFC grilled chicken BLT salad has 6 grams, Harvey's grilled chicken BLT salad has 11 so i'm guessing it must be somewhere between 6-17 grams.

Would definitely be nice to know for sure though. I email the head office as well so I'll keep you posted if I get any (useful) information
  • I am having the same issue and honestly there is no way there could be that many carbs in the salad.