can somone look at my.food diary?

Options
kcoburn327
kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
I would like someone to glance at my food diary amd let me know how I am doing and what changes I could make. I have been doing Nutrisystem since March and lost 27 pounds. I am finishing it at the end of July. This next month I will be focusing on my dinners. I started running in mid May and finished my first 5k this Saturday. Please be honest :). Thanks!

Replies

• akplanegirl
    akplanegirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I tried to look but your diary was not visible for others to look at...Check your settings again, sometimes it doesn't take the first time you save that change..
  • kcoburn327
    Options
    Thanks. I think I got it :)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Just seems low to me... I would say increase your protein.
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    Increase protein? Otherwise looks pretty good! Are you feeling satisfied?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    More veggies. And you should track your fiber too, to make sure you are getting enough.

I didn't see a whole lot on your diary over a few days.

You could definitely eat more lean protein as well.
  • celmes11
    celmes11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to track more categories, especially fiber and sodium. There seemed to be several things from today's food that makes me think it might be high in sodium which can increase water retention. My dietician has told me that protein and fiber are extremely important in healthy eating. Just my two cents :)
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not familiar with all the commercial diet packaged food nutrient content. But I do know this....I have to keep my starchy carbs at a minimum for best weight loss. It's not carbs in general that give me problems....I don't have the same problem with fruit, veg and dairy carbs. But when I am not careful about how much starch I am putting in, I tend to plateau or gain weight. If you are worried about your lack of progress at this point, that might be something to consider and experiment with. I just looked quickly at a few days and some days you seem to have mostly or all starch for breakfast. So maybe that's something to look at. It probably won't work the same for everyone but that's one thing I learned when I took a nutrition class at the hospital with my diabetic husband.

On other notes, if you are feeling discouraged spiritually, remember that when the Bible says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", it is HIS power at work not your own. You don't have to be superwoman, just surrender to His will and obey what He asks you to do, including what you need to do to keep your mind and body--His temple (How amazing is that to think that the Creator of the Universe makes His home in us!!!)---strong and healthy. If you commit yourself to discipline in obedience no matter how you feel from day to day, He will honor that faithfulness and give you the strength to do whatever He calls you to do to accomplish His purposes and be a shining witness to His faithfulness and goodness and lovingkindness. "Our God is greater, Our God is stronger. God You are higher than any other. Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power, Our God....If Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? If Our God is with us then what can stand against?" And there is no "IF" about it......it would better read "since" because He is ALWAYS for us and with us. So be encouraged in grace and truth, sister in Christ!! :o)
  • kcoburn327
    Options
    Thank you for all the help!
    I added sodium and fiber to my food diary and I did not realize how much sodium I have been consuming. Something to really think about!

I will look and try and add more protien and veggies into my diet.

Kelley
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I would reduce the sodium content by a bunch. It will help you retain less water and add less strain on your kidneys. Plus its heart healthy :)

Yes to the add more vegetables too.

Good job on sticking with your goals!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I love how varied your diary is. Everyone else's points were great.

I really just came in to say GO DUBLIN TEXAS. I haven't bought a dr pepper/snapple product since they closed down y'alls crowning glory! Supporting you and the wonderful texas tradition!
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    Honestly the only thing I could really say that was wrong with your food intake is that you have more than one dessert a day.
    Other than that, honestly I think you're doing really good.

(I'm not judging--I eat more than one dessert a day--I'm just saying.)

I'm assuming you want to veer off the Nutrisystem path;
    You could try a meat and cheese and lettuce wrap--they're only about 200 calories each.
    Pair that with some Special K chips (I like the sour cream) and you're good to go.
    Personally I use Sara Lee cheese and Carl Budding honey turkey in the single serve packages.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks pretty good and sustainable.....add the protein and veggies and you're all set.
  • meowmows
    meowmows Posts: 9
    Options
    I would say be careful with the sodium loaded foods and add more vegetables and fruits. I suggest trying to not go to so many processed foods and meats and Diet Coke. I'm sure you know but diet coke is very bad you, like it has aspartame... and it's really just all chemicals. You should try drinking more tea! :) sweeten things with stevia.
    just some thoughts! :)
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Definitely less sodium and more protein and veggies will do it. You are doing great. Keep it up and congrats on finishing your first 5K
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    Kelley, ho much longer do you plan on eating the diet foods?
  • twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    Congrats on keeping a detailed journal and weight loss thus far! Everyone has made some great points, however I don't see that you tracking water consumption at all. I know it may seem tedious but I have found that it has really helped me, especially on days when sodium intake can be high.
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Practice cleaner eating. Nutrisystem can be a great start but its not forever. Have eggs for breakfast just to start. I make mine ahead of time for the week. Great work so far!
  • griggio
    griggio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nutritionist therefore do not rely completely on my observations.
    I would say eat a larger breakfast and decrease your lunch. Slightly lower your fruit consumption as they mostly add fast digesting carbs to your diet. Fruits are great for after exercicing for fast increase in you sugar levels and balancing your insulin/glucagon levels. Try those slower digesting carbs like oats and grains ( they should keep you feeling full for longer also). Eggs for breakfast is a great suggestion for breakfast, as mentioned, give preference to the whites however.
    Try to incorporate more protein( as everyone has said) by consuming lean meats like chicken breast, tuna, tilapia, turkey, etc.

Congrats on the weight lost so far.