Amusement parks

Options
We are going to Busch Gardens which will be a lot of walking and standing, any ideas how to log it?

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Do you have a pedometer or something to track how far you walk? I probably wouldn't record that sort of thing as exercise though.
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    I don't think I would record it either. simply because the heart rate wouldn't get elevated for the most part.
  • jonesyx6
    jonesyx6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did record it because while it's not "exercise" as much as movement it is contrary to my sedentary lifestyle. I didn't record 9 hours of walking, but I did record a couple. Walking very slow pace is what I recorded it as <2.0 mph which is probably not totally correct when I was keeping up with my kids.

Thanks for your input, though.
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    Options
    I would record it as 3 or 4 hours of walking, especially if sedentary lifestyle:)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I usually record it as half the actual time, at 2.5 to 3 mph. When we go to Disney this fall, I'm going to use Jog Log to see what it says!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    We are going to Busch Gardens which will be a lot of walking and standing, any ideas how to log it?

We're in UK but going back to Busch Gardens again next month

There's a glass tank where you can see the hippos gracefully swimming underwater. i remember thinking "Hmmm must re-start my diet when I get back"
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I did record it because while it's not "exercise" as much as movement it is contrary to my sedentary lifestyle. I didn't record 9 hours of walking, but I did record a couple. Walking very slow pace is what I recorded it as <2.0 mph which is probably not totally correct when I was keeping up with my kids.

Thanks for your input, though.

We have season passes there as well and that's exactly how I log it. I'm not sitting on the couch all day, I'm walking so i log it. i log all of it too!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Ehhh...stuff like that I just take as a bonus I don't log it but if you go to the store an buy a cheap pedometer to track how many steps then you could do it that way