Looking for Support/Friends

Options
Looking for new MFP friends for support and suggestions to meeting my goals... I travel 50 weeks a year, so I've encountered some roadblocks in my attempt to get healthier and lose weight. Exercise is up, and weight is down; but still have a ways to go and need some variety...

Hotel rooms, no kitchen, and long days are constraints I'm working under... Anyone else out there in a similar boat?

Replies

• nsalerno90
    nsalerno90 Posts: 68
    Options
    I am not myself but my husband has exactly this life. We are working on losing weight together and I know this has been hard for him. Too many restaurant meals and too many hours in front of a computer are difficult but he is slowly losing. I am happy to share.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yep - sporadically too so not as if I can plan to work around it easily.

Welcome to MFP :)
  • barrveen
    barrveen Posts: 9
    Options
    I may not be the one to help because I don't travel. but the one week I was in a hotel I found that if i had an idea about what it was i wanted to eat or snack on, then I could log it in for the next day. It at least gave me a gauge for what calories I was working with for the rest of the day. I kept all wrappers of any snacks to make sure I punched in all correct information on brand, calories etc. I also brought my own snacks to prevent me from going to the hotel vender. Watch out for pancake syrup, pizza and movie popcorn. They are calorie killers. Ok hope that will help. oh, ps if you can't get your exercise in make sure you don't go over calories. Good luck on your efforts. Results may be slow but it will still be worth your while.
  • ashleypd
    ashleypd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was doing good and now started on a trip to see my mom in Florida. I went way over my calories yesterday and I know I shouldn't have! Anyone have any suggestions for the long trip ahead? Sitting in a hotel waiting to get back on the road! Any suggestions for the trip today? :sad:
  • gguynes
    gguynes Posts: 20
    Options
    I've been eating "Full Bars" in an attempt to curb the cravings... probably no different from other products, but I drink a lot of water with them... I also keep carrots and apple slices on hand because I can only eat so many of them before I get sick of them. Not wanting one more carrot or apple slice trumps my hunger...