Were You Ever on TV?

Options
louisey112
louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
They say that everyone has 15 minutes of fame in their lifetime. Just wondering how many of you were ever on TV? And, if so, for what? I was.

When I was a teenager, me and my friend went to see the premiere of Jean Claude Van Damme's Sudden Death movie (it was filmed here in Pittsburgh). He was coming to that movie theater and we stood out in the freezing cold waiting to get a glimpse of him and the news crew was there. Well, they made a beeline for me, lights on and microphone in my face ... made the local news and my boss made fun of me the next day because I was one of those giddy star-struck teenagers who just screamed that I loved him .. lol.

Replies

• Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The Today Show does a thing called Ambush Makeover on Friday mornings during the summer. Last year, my mother, grandmother, and I all went up to New York City. We got there around 4am to stand in line...we were the first ones there by about 20 minutes. My mom and grandmother had made a huge sign for my gram that said "I turned 80 years old and I'm going skydiving for my birthday!!"...she had mentioned once over the past couple of years that she would love to go skydiving. So, for the previous Christmas, I had gotten her a skydive! Well, they picked her for the Ambush Makeover! They took her away for about 3 hours, and then my mom and I were on the Today Show for them to reveal her new look! It was very cool!!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've been on some local news spots when I was in high school, and about 5 years ago I was on the Montel Williams Show as a guest.

He's not as nice as he seems. At least, he wasn't that day.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I used to work for a morning talk show, so I've been on here and there. Less to do with me and more to do with being in the room, lol.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I was on Aussie national TV on a rock music trivia quiz held down at a Byron Bay festival a couple of years ago.

I won a t-shirt competing in the same quiz in Brisbane a couple of months before ... It helped that the questions hadn't changed between rounds ;)
  • louisey112
    Options
    Yep. I've been on some local news spots when I was in high school, and about 5 years ago I was on the Montel Williams Show as a guest.

Hope you weren't the recipient of a DNA test :)
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

Hope you weren't the recipient of a DNA test :)

Ha! No. It was a "Mommy Wars" episode. Kind of a neat experience, but not one I'd like to repeat.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I am in a special called Tornado Touchdown. They interview me in the hospital following the May 3, 1999 tornado that hit the OKC metro area. It almost killed me. It is on from time to time in the spring on The Weather Channel or some other channels when they do stuff about weather.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, yes. I was at OSU's Spring Game this year and for some reason they decided to put me on national television for like 2 mins while I was freezing cold and had a mean look on my face.... I swear I never even saw a camera. I was so embarrassed!! All my friends called me and wrote me on FB telling me I was on tv. Never again!
  • louisey112
    Options
    I am in a special called Tornado Touchdown. They interview me in the hospital following the May 3, 1999 tornado that hit the OKC metro area. It almost killed me. It is on from time to time in the spring on The Weather Channel or some other channels when they do stuff about weather.

Wow - glad you're okay! I bet that was scary. I couldn't even imagine going through something like that.
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I used to dance on tv a couple years ago :)
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I used to dance on tv a couple years ago :)

Now this I did not know.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    No, but I was on the radio for a contest I won and there was a video on their website! Sorta counts..
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    been on Americas most wanted a few times for possession of mass and illegal awesomeness...

other than that I've been on news once in a high school bball game highlight, once in summer camp and once as in background for radio station I use to work for
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yep :D
    1. One when i was small in Saudi, it had something to do with cars and yearly checkup
    2. MTV asia (acting contest and i won) & i used to tag along during their tapings as well
    3. ABS-CBN (Philippine Local TV) afternoon show (I had a script and a bit of acting involved for the introduction of my dance group)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    When I was arrested for burglary and arson as part of on on-going racketeering investigation, me and some others made the news. I smiled big, held my head up and walked tall. This was my big moment to shine:drinker:
    Hi Mom!

PS: I thought the camera made me look fat....
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did a national commercial when I was a teenager, filmed several pilots, appeared in Legally Blond, Freaks & Geeks and Numbers. And, you've all unknowingly seen me a million times as a photo double for Sarah Michellle Geller, Christina Ricci, Hilary Duff and a plethora of other 5'2" actresses.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Nearly oh so nearly.

I was once interviewed for a Florida tv news article on the exhorbitant price of petrol in the US. When they found out how much we pay for petrol here in the UK (currently about $9/gallon) they said that my interview was not in line with what they wanted to say so would be cutting it!!!!!

:frown:
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Germany. In 7th grade we were watching a boring movie about London. I wasn't really paying attention until my friends all started saying look it's you. It was me when I was 6 and I was on a family vacation. I was feeding the ducks.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    no
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yeah, singing at some christmas thing when I was younger.

...that and Crimewatch,